Migration from Syndication to CSP tenant

Brass Contributor

Hi,

Yesterday i migrated my testtenant from Syndication to CSP through a Office 365 to Office 365 migration just to try it between the platforms. I made this test because I have a customer that wants to change his standarddomain so a O365->O365 migration is necassary and they still are on syndication-platform.

I´ve noticed following issues:

- Autodiscover doesn´t work

- On one PC i can´t access my mailbox in OWA since it´s not ready to use yet(20 hours later) On my PC at home it works to access the mailbox in OWA.

Connectivity Analyzer says:
"

An HTTP 401 Unauthorized response was received from the remote Unknown server. This is usually the result of an incorrect username or password. If you are attempting to log onto an Office 365 service, ensure you are using your full User Principal Name (UPN)."

- Can´t setup my account in my Phone through EAS(autodiscover)

Anyone experienced this issue before and know how to fix them? Do i need to open a supportticket to Microsoft for this?

BR

Martin Front

6 Replies

Hi Martin, T2T migrations are very common, and they should work if you follow a process with the correct tasks. You said you did a test migration, was that keeping the same domain name or to a new domain? As you know a domain can only exist in one tenant, and during a T2T if you're keeping the same domain, at some point you'll have to remove it from the source and add it to the destination. When you say that autodiscover doesn't work and you can't access OWA I wonder what steps you took and what username are you trying vs the one that exists in both tenants.

Hi,

I do have a similar requirements where I would like to migrate from syndication tenant to CSP tenant. Could you please guide me the process of migration. Thank you.

If i am right it is possible that the CSP takes over the tenant into there CSP environment (in the Netherlands it is possible). If this is not possible what is the migration type you are using for the tenant to tenant migration?

Does this also inculde SharePoint mail users etc? And in what fase of the migration are you?

Vishal MigrationWiz has a process do to T2T. it can be keeping the same domain name or changing domain name. We have been engaged in a lot of Syndication to CSP T2T migrations. Our workloads will allow to migrate:

- Mail (all mail workloads such as main or archive mailboxes, Public folders, etc)

- Documents (both OneDrive and SharePoint)

Go here to search for the guide you need: https://community.bittitan.com/Pages/Support-Center.aspx?Category=Migration%20Guides

Let me know if you have questions.

Hi Jerry,

I am not sure if that will be possible. But if that's the case then it's great because it means that the tenant can be transitioned into under a CSP umbrella without any migration taking place. I would like to know more about it in case you can point me to any public official documentation on it.

In the cases where a migration needs to take place, to move the tenant from syndication to CSP, you can ping me for more info about MigrationWiz that will do the heavylifting on all workloads (well some of them, we don't migrate CRM or Skype4Business just to name 2 examples).

Here you can see the guides: https://community.bittitan.com/Pages/Support-Center.aspx?Category=Migration%20Guides

Going T2T can be a complicated project so any questions you have (related to the Migration tool or not really) let me know.

I don't have any official documentation on this. What we did is we raised a ticket at our csp-partner and they arranged the administrative migration.

When i was looking for official documentation i found the following line. Maybe someon knows if this is real?

The syndication program is ending on June 30th 2017 The Syndication to CSP migration expected to be completed by December 2017. (source: https://www.rhipe.com/office-365-syndication-tenants/)

If that is the case than it should be even easier just wait till you are migrated by the syndication partner to CSP and then migrate to the CSP of your choice without any data migration.