HCW Error when configuring the mail flow

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

im trying to run the HCW and i have the below error when it reach the mail flow configuration.

HCW0000 PowerShell failed to invoke 'New-InboundConnector': Parameter count mismatch. An unexpected error has occurred and a Watson dump is being generated: Parameter count mismatch

Thanks

84 Replies
Standard line from Microsoft is "24 to 48 hours".

same error in dthe hybride wizard

HCW0 -  PowerShell failed to invoke 'Get-HybridMailflowDatacenterIPs': Parameter count mismatch. An unexpected error has occurred and a Watson dump is being generated: Parameter count mismatch.

Looks like we have a winner, I was able to create a connector...

I hope everyones issue with this is fixed...

regs.

I worked with support to skip the MailGUID value.. (I really don't want to do a Hybrid Rollout, but rather a cutover process).

The problem with AD Connect is, if it sees exchange in the domain, it forces a hybrid rollout..

I was finishing the migration of about 460 users to Office 365 this weekend, and they have a Barracuda archiver, so when I went to create a connector to the archiver, I also got that "parameter count mismatch" error when trying to finish it.

I was using an IP address for the "How do you want to route email messages? (smarthost)" screen. On a whim, I decided to throw a random FQDN in there instead to test, and it saved fine. This customer already had a DNS entry so I updated it with the correct one,but if you don't, I suggest that you just create a DNS entry, and use that FQDN.

Your problem may be different, but this may help someone.

I had a chat with support and completed some remote sessions and recieved this email... using the steps provided with a new Global Admin did not work, Same Error... I awate a fix... tomorrow...

'As discussed, it seems that you are also part of the affected tenants for Service Degradation EX102057. Title: Mail connector issue User Impact: Administrators may be unable to create or modify mail connectors. More info: This is an incremental update to provide the latest status on the issue. Current status: The deployment of the fix is 97 percent complete. We’ll provide an update on Monday confirming full service restoration.

In addition, try to add 1 more global admin that will perform adding the mail connector in Exchange Admin Center and try again.'

My Customer is suffering from the same problem. Looks like we are in the 3% left. Need to change the connector after a datacenter migration. Production Mails are effected.

My issue is fixed i don't know what happened i belive Microsoft is working to fix the issue but it's gradually  not a fix for all tenants, i just kept terying until the HCW work.

Same here - was finally able to finish the HCW.
I have the same issues

I stumbled upon this thread today and I'm getting the same error. Quite annoying! What is the ETA?

We are still in the 3%. Can't run the Get-HybridMailflowDatacenterIPs command. Still receive the Parameter count mismatch.error.

We still do not have a fix 80 hours after reporting the problem!

Opened an SR through the tenant at 10am.  at 2pm I have ony recieved a single email, and the tech won't answer subsequent emails......

I'm sure this issue is costing a lot of money for clients and implementation providers.

I raised a SR and got told that this is part of a wider outage and no troubleshooting can be carried out because of it. I can see that the incident is now in a 'restoring service' phase but it still doesn't work for us.

Hi Friends,

Today May 22, at 20 hours UTC Mexico City, I had the same error in HCW over Exchange Server 2013 CU16, its today

Now, i checked two thisng:

1. Create a inbound connector in ECP of Exchange Online, a simple configuration result in the same error that view in the HCW in my Exchange On-premise.

2. Create is OK when add inbound connector through of power shell, so...

What do you do?

Create a new admin globar user and enter in the HCW, ... ¡the configuration is complete!

Very very unusual solution, but worked for my, as indicated by other post.

Regards!

JM

I can now configure connectors without the error message being displayed.

However if you configure more than one connector the rules are not working correctly.

I am getting

(): SMTP server response: 550 5.7.64 TenantAttribution; Relay Access Denied

for a server which has been added to the list. Another server was working correctly.

The problem seems to have gotten more complex

Regards

John Ellwood

I am still getting the error..... it is so frustrating!!

Nothing from MS regarding my case, I am going to have to chase.

I am also still not able to create the connector.

My tenants are in the Europe region.

Hi

I have been told the folllowing

>>>>

I have confirmed with our Team and it appears that they are still working for the services to be back up with regards to the mail connector. They have already corrected the issue with the creation but the services are not fully working. We will be sending you another follow up once we have the update.

>>>>>

Regards

John Ellwood