HCW Error when configuring the mail flow

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

im trying to run the HCW and i have the below error when it reach the mail flow configuration.

HCW0000 PowerShell failed to invoke 'New-InboundConnector': Parameter count mismatch. An unexpected error has occurred and a Watson dump is being generated: Parameter count mismatch

Thanks

84 Replies

Just had a chance to do this, no luck.  I received a different error this time, but it was on the same set-inboundconnctor command.

WinRM cannot complete the operation.  Verify that the specified computer name is valid, that the computer is accessible over the network, and that a firewall exception for the WinRM service is enabled and allows access from this computer.

Still waiting for my call back from MS after getting it transferred to another group.    

Exactly the same issue here.... I have spoken to MS support and all they said is they are aware and working on a fix, there is no time frame as yet!

This shocking!

3rd day is gone. yes thats shocking. you are right!

I opened a ticket last night, and received this:

Title: Mail connector issue

User Impact: Administrators may be unable to create or modify mail connectors.

Current status: We've initiated the deployment of the fix and we'll continue to monitor service health throughout the deployment process.

Scope of impact: Your organization is affected by this event.

Start time: Monday, May 15, 2017, at 8:02 PM UTC

Preliminary root cause: A recent update to the environment, intended to resolve a previously existing code defect, caused the mail connector service to become degraded.

Next update by: Friday, May 19, 2017, at 12:00 AM UTC

Last Updated: May 18 2017 4:53PM UTC   

Good to know it's at least showing up on someone's dashboard! Went to go look at mine and nothing about this. It's read-only Friday, so I won't be testing anything out today! :D

This seems to be quite and issue... and isnt half dragging on.

I have lost the ability to set up a conector to inpremis.

When setting it up im getting :

Error - Parameter Count Mismatch

Do we know how to update is being deployed, is it going to O365 or through Updates?

Looking at the incident Ryan posted, it sounds like it's a backend issue, so there should be nothing for us to update.
I am experiencing the same problem when trying to create the inbound connector using OnPremises option.

Just got a call from support stating they are working on the issue and have fixed it for about 50% of the users, he told me i could expect a fix during today or by Monday

oh well, its not like e-mail is relevant for a business /Set-SarcasmMode off

Great :\

Strange thing is my recieve is working fine so mail is now following in (Which it wasnt) but the send is goosed.. rather royally annoying!! 

THere is an issue from office 365. Incident EX102057 today 8PM UTC will be next update.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/How-to-check-Office-365-service-health-932AD3AD-533C-418A-B...

Just got a call myself too same ETA - hopefully today or Monday. Cross fingers!
Same issue here. Support did not seem aware of any issues. Received the 'wait 2 hours and try it again' response.

We are experiencing the same issue. You can connect through Azure AD shell and run the Get-HybridMailflowDatacenterIPs command and you receive the same "Parameter count mismatch." error. We have ticket open and are going to confirm with Microsoft. We've succesfully tried from two seperate tenants and get the error.

Connectors created now by HCW and could be done manually

Just confirmed with Microsoft this is an issue with a specific datacenter and that they are working actively on an internal case to resolve. Next update will be 9 PM UTC 5-20-2017.  They are specifically attaching customers tenants that call in to their case so they can go and rollout the patch. 

We're having this issue too (in Office 365, trying to create an inbound connector). Do you know if the fix they're working on will automatically address our issue once it's fully rolled out, or do I need to explicitly call into support so they can patch our specific instance?

No I think they are rolling out fix to everyone. Not sure if a ticket will get a customer tenant priority or not. I doubt it

Any ETA on this?.. I'm doing a migration this weekend and it looks like the same problem.  

"HCW0000 PowerShell failed to invoke 'Get-HybridMailflowDatacenterIPs': Parameter count mismatch. An unexpected error has occurred and a Watson dump is being generated: Parameter count mismatch."

Support told me that the ETA is Monday, so im keeping my fingers crossed and hope for the best...