HCW Error when configuring the mail flow

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

im trying to run the HCW and i have the below error when it reach the mail flow configuration.

HCW0000 PowerShell failed to invoke 'New-InboundConnector': Parameter count mismatch. An unexpected error has occurred and a Watson dump is being generated: Parameter count mismatch

Thanks

84 Replies

Interesting enough I had this same error yesterday too.  I am configuring the HCW in an Exchange 2013 CU15 environment with (2) CAS servers and (2) MBX servers.  I put a call into Office 365 support and after troubleshooting, they are having to escalate the issue.  Once I learn more I will post here in this community.  

Thanks Kevin,

also i have Exchange 2013 CU 15, i also open a case with MS support but im waiting for their call.

Same Problem. Would you please send a solution if you got?

Exchange 2016 CU5

I just had a call with MS support and they confirmed it's a known issue for them and the back end team are working to fix it.
Did MS Support indicate an ETA? This is holding up our migration for the entire organization.

Will Do!

We have the same issue here. We're supposed to start migrating 700 users...

Does anyone have news from MS?

Thanks

We are experiencing the same issue. Our work is at a standstill. In the midst of configuring our hybrid configuration.

@Teka Teka wrote:

Hi All,

im trying to run the HCW and i have the below error when it reach the mail flow configuration.

HCW0000 PowerShell failed to invoke 'New-InboundConnector': Parameter count mismatch. An unexpected error has occurred and a Watson dump is being generated: Parameter count mismatch

Thanks

Same issue here. E2016 CU4, trying to run the HCW to add a new domain. I'll be opening up a ticket as well.

I also work with Kevin Eyer and wanted to provide an update:

We are being told that since we already manually added a connector to our Tenant to allow mail flow from Office 365 cloud only mailboxes to our mailboxes on-premise which is required to continue mail flow from O365 Tenant users to our on premise users when we added our domain, that is causing the error.

Upon further reveiw of the logs by MS, they show that the root cause of the issue is that there is already an existing trust relationship with your onPrem environment. This can be seen in the log, if you look for this error: " PowerShell failed to invoke 'Set-FederatedOrganizationIdentifier': A trust relationship has already been defined for this organization." in additon to the original error posted by the OP.

In a nutshell, they are claiming that the connector we created a few days ago (which was required because as soon as we added our domain to an already established Tenant {due to a merger} it broke mail flow from O365 to our user on-premise and a connector had to be created to establish mail flow again) is causing the error even though I didn't realize adding a connector creates a Federation Trust? ..... Insert sarcasm. However, in the end the fix they are claiming is to remove our connector, wait 24 hours for it to "purge" the connector from the Tenant then rerun the HCW. Of course this will break mail flow from O365 to our on-premise during this time.  We did remove the connector from our Tenant and reran the HCW but still errored. They are claiming it may take up to 24 hours to remove and do not support to manually purge the connector via PS commands...sigh

Curious to hear others response on if you are setting up Hybrid to a brand new Tenant with no domains or is your Tenant already established and you have added the domain to the Tenant along with the connector required then runnign the HCW.

This is definitely holding up our migration and discussing internally on the next steps or using a 3rd party tool.

I opened a case. I'm told it is an ongoing known issue and to wait 48 - 72 hours.

I'm expecting a call back sometime today though.

Exchange 2013 CU15. Trying to validate connectors on a new tennant, with multiple subdomains and getting the same error.

Checked Service Health and didn't see anything yet.

Existing tenant here - the hybrid has been setup for a few weeks. Was adding a new email domain and using the HCW to add the trust and update the connector.
Same error here. Single domain, brand new tenant, brand new Exchange 2016 server.

Same error here. Existing 2+ year hybrid environment (2013 CU 16) that's been running fine. Re-ran the Hybrid Configuration Wizard today to replace an expiring certificate and hit this error.  It has now fouled up our connectors and we are down.  Support is so far clueless.

Same error here. I have not re-run the HCW but have been trying to modify a connector since yesterday mid-day with no success.

Yeah, I confirmed you can't create or edit any kind of inbound connector whether it's via the GUI or via PowerShell.  You always get the "Parameter Count Mismatch" error no matter what you do.  Microsoft support deleted my existing inbound connector while troubleshooting so I can't modify my outbound connector either since it does a check to make sure you have an inbound connector before saving.   I'm stuck with no mail flow until they fix this.

HI Guys, Who ever need a work around follow the process below. Create a partner inbound connector and set the cert TLS authentication to your hybrid server certificate subject name or your hybrid transport server certificate subject name. Create a transport rule and select sender ip addresses belong to one of these ranges, add all your onprem hybrid server public IP address. Then.. Do the following... Set the spam confidence level (SCL) to '-1' and set message header 'X-MS-Exchange-Organization-BypassClutter' with the value 'true' Rule mode Enforce Hopefully this will guys.
Dear Vimal, You are absolutely write , but your solution requires either a existing hybrid setup to look at command , or please be a bit more elaborative on command that need to run on cloud and command be run on tenant, Thanks and regards, Hasan Reza