SOLVED

Alternate UPN suffix across trusted domains

Copper Contributor

Morning all

Quick question (which will probably turn into a long drawn out one).

I have multiple domains, lets call them;

CompanyA.local
CompanyB.local
CompanyC.local

We have a trust between, CompanyA and CompanyB, and CompanyA and CompanyC.

We are migrating to Office365 and we want all users, irrespective of which domain they are members of to have user@CompanyD.com email addresses.

Now, when I have migrated single domains to O365, I have just added an alternate UPN suffix, and changed all users in AD to this suffix.

Now, my question is this.....if I add an alternate UPN suffix of CompanyD.com to all of my domains, will this cause any problems?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

6 Replies
Yes you can do that, but you must have only one ADConnect per tenant.

Brilliant, thank you.

So, just to confirm, if I install AADSync on CompanyA.local, and set the alternate UPN suffix to CompanyD.com on all domains, I can sync all these domains to Office365?

Andy

best response confirmed by Office365 Administrator (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Correct Andy,

Install AD Connect on the CompanyA.local, connect to the other domains also with the setup of AD Connect and setup the UPN on all domains to CompanyD.com.

You are a star, thank you :)

Hi Nuno Currently we have a single ADConnect server synchronising both the Domains to Office 365. Even though the UPN suffix is added to 1 domain, can I add the same upn suffix on the other domain ??

Hi Minesh,

I never tried that scenario, but you could had a the new UPN and change just 1 user to test if it works and fits your needs.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Office365 Administrator (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Correct Andy,

Install AD Connect on the CompanyA.local, connect to the other domains also with the setup of AD Connect and setup the UPN on all domains to CompanyD.com.

View solution in original post