365 Software deployment/activation

Copper Contributor

Hi, apologies if this has been covered but this is one of those cases where there too much information out there and I can't tell what applies to my case.

What I am looking for is the best practice for deploying new machines with Office365 installed and activated. All users have E3 licenses. We're a relatively small shop and we config all computers in house, so I am not so much asking about the best way to install the software, it's more about how we get it activated properly, as we have constant issues with users getting new machines that tell them Office is not licensed or activated a few days later. 

Thank you!

-Brad

1 Reply

Hello Brad,  

First off I am sorry for the delay in response.  In regards to your question I have seen customers run into this from time to time.  I suggest the Admin sets up the machine and runs though their validation steps to confirm Office in working and functional.  Then follow up that process with running the olicensecleanup.vbs from my Blog  This will reset the activation state of Office.  Therefore when the new user opens office it will sign in with their credentials and not be in a activated or broken state.

Please follow up with any questions or concerns.