Hi all, Alan here again, Customer Engineer from Italy on Identity and Security, with a new article.
I want to show you how to block TOR browser using Cloud App Security, simple and fast!
During the last few months, I had several customers requesting how to block sign-in from anonymous Ip Addresses. One example would be someone using TOR Browser. I started playing around with CAS and finally found a quick solution. Continue reading to find out more.
We will use Azure AD “Conditional Access policy” with Session Control together with “Cloud App Security Conditional Access App Control”.
We will start creating a “special” Azure AD Condition Access policy that will enable the APP in CAS, let’s see how.
PS: the APP will appear in Cloud App Security Conditional Access App Control directly after the user start authenticating/using it.
You will need access to you tenant’s Azure AD (portal.azure.com) and Cloud App Security (mycompany. portal.cloudappsecurity.com).
Thirst thing to do is create an Azure AD Conditional Access policy:
1. Navigate to your Azure Active Directory
2. Under Manage click on Security
3. Click on Conditional Access
4. Select New Policy
5. Give it a Name
6. Select to which users it will apply
7. Select the cloud application, for this demo I will select Office 365
8. Go to Session and select Use Conditional Access App Control
9. Select Use Custom Policy
10. Click Select
11. Enable the policy and click Create
Once this is done the first time users log in Office 365 suite the application will be integrated in Cloud App Security