CoPilot outlook email results capped at 10 - Limitation or bug?

Copper Contributor

If you ask the Teams CoPilot chat to, for example, "list any emails sent to me on 10th march with a short summary" it will only ever reply with 10 emails max. (I wish I had only 10 emails a day!)

If you ask how many emails were sent on a given date it will also, always max out at 10.

If you ask if there is a limit, or any other similar question on the number of emails it can read it ends the chat and tells you to start a new one.

No matter what prompt I use, there is clearly either a hard limit, or a bug that caps the number of replies output at 10 when working with outlook - but this isn't made clear anywhere.

For an average user, they could ask for an email summary - it caps it at 10 and therefore misses something important, without any knowledge this limit/bug exists.

Has anyone found a way past this hard limit of 10, or do I just need to make all my CoPilot testers aware there is this limit?

3 Replies

@LukeAtIntergage 

I have noticed that if you ask a second time you can get more results.  Do you experience the same behavior?

If I ask again, I simply get the same results as before. However, it seems I found a workaround that did the job for me:

If I ask Copilot in a single prompt to start a search for all my emails before 10:00 a.m. and a second search for all emails between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. and a third search for all emails after 2:00 p.m. it is able to return more than 10 results. It seems it really does 3 searches then and every search is capped by 10 results. Thus, if you choose the time steps so, that you approximately have only 10 mails in a timeslot, you will get (almost) all mails. 

From Copilot Pro to Copilot for Microsoft 365