#WomenITPros EMEA May 2020 - Building a local environmental sustainability community in your org

Microsoft

For this month's #WomenITPros EMEA call, Clara Mansilha and Matilde Alves will join us and share the amazing work they been doing by building a local environmental sustainability communities! Join us on Wednesday, May 13 at 11:00 a.m. GMT

Clara and Matilde started a local sustainability community at Microsoft Portugal in October 2018 out of a shared passion around the topic and to foster more sustainable practices around the office. Empowered by Microsoft's World Wide Sustainability Community, and local sponsors, they have been working in making the local offices more sustainable, and creating awareness for the topic through events and campaigns. In this session they will share their experience managing communities and how organizations like Microsoft are making a difference through their commitments and employees.

Clara Mansilha (2).pngClara Mansilha Everything we do has an impact, the good thing is we get to decide what type of impact we are creating. I'm a nature lover, with a special passion for animals. My drive is to create a sustainable world where all species can thrive. Currently working at Microsoft, I have the great opportunity to show our customer how we can help them achieve more, through the use of Dynamics 365. In parallel, I'm leading the Portuguese Sustainability community and I have an active role on the Leadership Team of the Worldwide Sustainability Community. I'm an enthusiastic, highly energetic with great time management skills person who enjoys spending most of the time outdoors, preferably in the middle of the forest, on the beach or petting all the dogs I find on my way!

Matilde_Alves.jpgMatilde Alves Science and technology are my drivers, hence I pursued physics engineering to understand how the world works and work in technology to empower the change I want to see. Helping and advising Microsoft's customers is my main focus while Sustainability, Diversity and Inclusion are my passions. I am currently co-leading Microsoft's Sustainability Community, where our goal is to create a more sustainable and even better workplace at Microsoft, while raising awareness for an urgent issue that is climate change. Moreover, I am really keen on encouraging women in pursuing careers in STEM through events as "Do IT girls" and "Engineers for 1 day" to empower the next generation of women to navigate a technology dominated world.

1 Reply