Sept-2019 US v-meet up for WomenITPros - SEPT 27, noon PT - The Imposter Syndrome Banishing Spell

Microsoft

The Imposter Syndrome Banishing Spell

Do any of these statements resonate with you?

• I'm not as good as the people around me
  • Oh that good thing that happened? It was dumb luck. I was in the right place at the right time
  • There was a mistake in the process and I slipped in under the radar
  • Who am I to write that screenplay/give that talk/volunteer for that thing?
  • Any minute now, someone is going to point at me and say YOU ARE SO NOT QUALIFIED TO DO THIS

You're not alone! According to research, about 70% of the people around you feel this Imposter Syndrome at some point or another…including Sheryl Sandberg, Maya Angelou and Neil Armstrong (yes, first person on the moon, Neil Armstrong).

I used to feel this way too! Over the past decade, I've run a series of experiments to banish Imposter Syndrome once and for all that I'd love to share with you. Let me walk you through a 10 step banishing spell that has worked for me and for hundreds of others who have confessed their impostering to me.

I've spend the past 17 years fooling EVERYONE across my four industries of tech, fashion, writing and speaking and I'm more than happy to help you do the same.

You got this!

dona.jpg

Dona is convinced that working in an organization doesn't mean you need to turn into a corporate drone, obey your village elders, track your work in that tool, and risk dying of boredom. Instead, she believes that it's absolutely possible to win in the corporate world while still being YOU. How? By practicing the ancient art of Intrapreneurship. She spends her days engineering software as the Chief #NinjaCat of the Insider Program at Microsoft, one of the biggest communities of people in the world who act as the tech influencer for everyone in their lives. Previously, she worked on developer engagement for HoloLens, the world's first holographic computer. She’s been in the tech industry for over a dozen years, and despite her decades of shenanigans, she remains unfired (and unjailed!). She spends her side-hustle time writing fiction and non-fiction books to help young professionals have the careers of their dreams, running an ethically-made luxury fashion line called Prima Dona, coaching entrepreneurs in emerging markets, saying words on stages all over the world, and coming up with some REALLY scheme-y schemes. Her favorite, FAVORITE job is being a bossy big sister to thousands of amazing humans who want to #DoTheThing.

Our meetings are open to anyone of all gender identities who wants to support women in the ITPro field. Please share this with anyone you think might be interested!

________________________________________________________________________________

Join Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 469-480-6284   United States, Dallas (Toll)

(866) 641-7188   (Toll-free)

Conference ID: 438 983 08#

Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams | Meeting options

Join with a video conferencing device

452890640@teams.bjn.vc VTC Conference ID: 019914846

Alternate VTC dialing instructions

________________________________________________________________________________

The meeting will be Friday, September 27 at 3pm EST*, which translates to:

New York City

3pm/15:00

Paris

9 pm/21:00

London

8 pm/20:00

Brasilia

6 pm/18:00

Chicago

2 pm/14:00

Denver

1 pm/13:00

Seattle

Noon/12:00

New Dehli

Saturday 12:30 am/00:30

Brisbane

Saturday, 5 am/05:00

If you have problems joining, tweet @CxPCathy and we'll try and get you in.

5 Replies

@Cathy Moya 

This is a great topic! Thank you for setting this up.

I love Phil McKinney's quote from his Ted Talk:

"...the Imposter Syndrome struggle doesn't know anything about career, title, socioeconomic, identity, history... The Imposter Syndrome is absolutely universal." 

@MaryseOneill And Dona is the best speaker I have ever seen in person. I was RIVETED when I saw her the internal Microsoft women's conference. I took so many notes, and things really stick in my brain until this day. She's FIERCE! 

"She’s been in the tech industry for over a dozen years, and despite her decades of shenanigans, she remains unfired (and unjailed!)."  This line alone makes me want to listen in...

@Cathy Moya I'm looking forward to this. It's a great topic with a great speaker. Thanks.