May-2019 v-meet up for WomenITPros -May 24, 3pm ET - Building your personal brand with storytelling

Microsoft

Building your personal brand with storytelling

Miri RodriguezMiri Rodriguez

Have you been thinking about building your personal brand but don’t know exactly how or where to get started?

Miri Rodriguez, Storyteller for CSEO and Brand Coach, will help you craft your “why” and brand prototype using the design thinking method to help you get started on your personal brand journey. A distinctive story helps define and successfully communicate unique personal and business attributes. Storytelling has become a powerful business tool in today’s digital age because it drives an immersive and emotional experience for stakeholders and audiences, inspiring them to action. In this dynamic and interactive session, Miri will share practical tools to help you become a skilled storyteller and tell your story in a compelling way.

Key takeaways:
• What is storytelling…and what is not
• Ways to tell a story
• Crafting your story with Design Thinking Principles

Miri has helped dozens of mentees get started in their brand building journey, including Microsoft employees and here’s what some of them have to say about her work:  
“…it wasn’t until I started working with Miri that it clicked. She made me understand that I had to know my own motivations before I could develop a brand.”  
“I can honestly say that I am a stronger individual who has a thoughtful and clear direction in who I am personally and professionally.”  

You can read more about Miri’s experience and approach to personal branding here: https://news.microsoft.com/life/personal-brand/

Bio
Miri Rodriguez is a globally recognized Storyteller for Microsoft Core Services Engineering. She is a creative journalist and content advocate designing stories across key technology trends, evangelizing brand narrative and showcasing how Microsoft is digitally transforming using its own technologies. Miri has earned several awards in digital marketing and customer experience and is ranked as top in-demand speaker at leading industry conferences around the world. Miri brings 15+ years of expertise, valuable industry insights and a lighthearted approach. Her social advocacy and philanthropic work include volunteering to train social enterprise leaders in Swaziland and Morocco through #MySkills4Afrika, coaching students at Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship, board of directors membership at Trade+Impact and PR News, and driving diversity and inclusion in Shared Services Engineering. Her biggest accomplishment to date is being a mother of 2 boys and an American Bulldog. She can also run in heels. Ice cream is her superfood.

Connect with Miri!
Miri LinkedIn
Miri Twitter
Miri Instagram

________________________________________________________________________________
Join Microsoft Teams Meeting

+1 469-480-6284   United States, Dallas (Toll)

(866) 641-7188   (Toll-free)

Conference ID: 889 265 32#

Local numbers | Reset PIN | Learn more about Teams

________________________________________________________________________________

The meeting will be Friday, May 24, at 3pm EST*, which translates to:

New York City

3pm/15:00

Paris

9 pm/21:00

London

8 pm/20:00

Brasilia

6 pm/18:00

Chicago

2 pm/14:00

Denver

1 pm/13:00

Seattle

Noon/12:00

New Dehli

Saturday 12:30 am/00:30

Brisbane

Saturday, 5 am/05:00

If you have problems joining, tweet @CxPCathy and we'll try and get you in.

0 Replies