Source hierarchy migration to new domain, DP considerations.

Brass Contributor

Hi fellow professionals.

I am currently doing a source hierarchy migration from 2002CB to 2002Cb in 1 forest trust with 2 domains. I done in a way so that the new site server mirrors the old one as much as possible 

Apart from the server OS which is 2016 as opposed to 2012 in the old environment

There are 4 DPs in the source and I can see they are all eligible for re-assignment however my question is if those servers sit in the old domain but I need to move those servers in the new domain. What would be the best approach? 

I assume the only way would be to recreate those DPs in the new domain against the new site code? Is there a way to migrate DPs from source to new destination DP or is it case of introducing the new DPs in the destination hierarchy and then just ensure they have the DP role and then ensure the content is populated onto that DP before the old is decommissioned? 

Also currently the old DPs are serving PXE for OSD deployment so I believe before that is done the DHCP or switch helpers will need to point to the new DPs so that process can continue, would that be correct?

I look forward to any responses.

Thanks

Thanks

0 Replies