SOLVED

Slow Task Sequence Dependency Checking After 2002 Upgrade

Brass Contributor

Since upgrading our ConfigMgr Site from 1910 to 2002, we're seeing very slow dependency checking for OSD task sequences started from media. Dependency checking is taking 30-35 minutes for a very large and complex OSD task sequence. Prior to the upgrade the dependency check took a couple minutes. In the SMSTS log we see that the dependency check takes about 2 seconds per package ID. (yes - we have a lot of package ID's).

We are opening a case, but I'm curious if any other admins have seen similar behavior after upgrading to 2002.

5 Replies

@terrymiller Yes.  We are having this issue as well.  But, for us, it is much longer.  A couple of hours for dependency checking and PXE will not work at all.  We opened a support case with Microsoft and are waiting for a resolution.  We've had a computer take 23 hours to complete the TS.  Normally, it is less than an hour.

Have you had any luck with a resolution?

@terrymiller I am seeing this behavior as well since upgrading last week. I was hoping I wasn't the only one. Our dependency check was typically under a minute and is now at least three times that.

I used the "Send a Frown" feature today to report this and give some more information and I already received an email response stating they believe this issue has been resolved in the latest version and they may be releasing a hotfix. Perhaps if everyone having this issue does the same, they will be convinced the hotfix is needed as soon as possible.

best response confirmed by terrymiller (Brass Contributor)

@Michiel Overweel It is. I installed the hotfix last night and dependency resolution is back to normal.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions