SCCM Database Change

Copper Contributor

Dear Team,need your help, 

In my company, i have one SQL server (2012 SP4) with 3 instances (One for SCCM, One for SCOM, One for SCVMM). Recently iam facing some issue with SCCM where iam not able to open the SCCM console "Cannot connect to site"  , the issue started to happen on the same day i updated SCCM to 2010 version and when iam trying to connect SCCM database instance i was getting error. Then i reinstalled SCCM instance and copied the files into SQL data folder, after that SCCM instance was opening but the console still not opening and giving the same error. When checking the logs i can see it is a certificate issue " The certificate chain was issued by an authority that is not trusted" Can anyone help me how to solve this issue ?

Also i want to know whether i can backup the SCCM database and uninstall SQL 2012 and freshly install SQL 2017 and then restore the same SCCM database. I dont want to miss the updates and details which iam having in SCCM.  Looking for your valuable feedback and reply.

1 Reply

@San_1232110 Dear Team,

Can anyone please help on this. Its an urgent issue and need to solve this ASAP. Requesting your attention on this.