SOLVED

SCCM 2203 Can't get latest cumulative updates to show in catalog

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

I manage a small number of clients using SCCM. Lately I am having trouble getting the update for 2023-09 Windows 10 21H2, I have selected all the windows 10 product types in SUP config but to no avail. For some reason SCCM catalog does not show any update later than 1607 build for windows 10, however windows server does have later updates. 

When I do check the wsyncmgr logfile it does not report any errors. I did check WSUS for specific updates but they are not there either. I am a newbie at this position I would appreciate any help.

Thanks. 

2 Replies

Hi @haruunkara,

There are a few possible reasons why you are not able to see the latestCU for Windows 10 21H2 in your SCCM catalog:

• Your SUP is not configured correctly. check that you have selected all of the Windows 10 product types and classifications in the SUP configuration. You should also verify that your SUP is able to connect to Microsoft Update.
  • Your WSUS database is corrupted. Try running the WSUSUtil.exe repair command to fix any eventual database corruption.
  • Your SCCM site is not configured to synchronize updates from WSUS. Make sure that the "Synchronize updates from WSUS" option is enabled in the SCCM site configuration.
  • There is a problem with your SCCM site database. Try running the CheckConsistency tool to check for and fix any database errors.

To manually add updates to your SCCM catalog:

1. Open the SCCM console.
  2. Go to Software Library > Updates.
  3. Right-click All Software Updates and select Import Updates.
  4. In the Import Updates Wizard, click Next.
  5. Select the Import updates from a local folder option and click Next.
  6. Browse to the folder where the updates are located and click Next.
  7. Select the updates you want to import and click Next.
  8. Review the summary of the import and click Finish.

Once you have imported the updates, you should be able to see them in the SCCM catalog.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue.
This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item.

If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Kindest regards,

Leon Pavesic

best response confirmed by haruunkara (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@LeonPavesic 

Hi, Thank you for your response.

The problem was WSUS product list and SCCM product list was different. since I was such a newbie I wasn't even aware of such possibility. :) But in the end, when i added the correct products in WSUS and ran a synchronization. All new updates appeared in my catalog.

Thanks. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by haruunkara (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@LeonPavesic 

Hi, Thank you for your response.

The problem was WSUS product list and SCCM product list was different. since I was such a newbie I wasn't even aware of such possibility. :) But in the end, when i added the correct products in WSUS and ran a synchronization. All new updates appeared in my catalog.

Thanks. 

View solution in original post