Odd Software Center issue

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I have a strange issue which has been noticed just in the last few days.

We've started using Software Center to deploy all software as available, some with and some without approval required.

I can install as many pieces of software that don't require approval without issue.

If I request one bit of software with approval, once approved it installs fine, however..... if i then try to install any other app from software center I get the following behaviour.

No Approval Needed - Straight to failed, more info says 'Unable to make changes to your software, there was a problem retrieving the software from the Application Catalog'

Approval required - Error Dialogue pops up, Software Center cannot be loaded, there is a problem loading the required components for software center.

Recycling SMS Agent Host or restarting makes no difference, client repair or reinstall fixes until you request an app with approval again.

SCClient log shows the following:

jonathangledhill_0-1594908379668.png

Anyone come across this before? I can replicate on different clients however my colleagues have no issues when they try to replicate which makes it almost seem that the issue is against my user object however have no idea what :(

We are running 2002 Endpoint Manager.

2 Replies

@jonathangledhill Are you sure the client was updated to the 2002 version as well? If you are, I'd recommend raising a support request with Microsoft for this.

We have the same issue on multiple machines since we updated to SCCM 2010.
(VPN Clients)
Nothing helps. We tried to:
Repair Client
Repair .Net 
Repair WMI

Only uninstalling the Client with ccmclean.exe /q und reinstalling the client brings the Client back.
Very strange.