SOLVED

In-Place upgrade - Status Waiting for another program

Iron Contributor

Hi,

In-Place upgrade from Windows 7 SP1 to Windows 10 1803 was working fine and after upgrade to SCCM/MECM 1910 I faced the below issues:

1- Windows 10 In-Place upgrade TS hang and never start - showing "Waiting for another program"

Client - execmgr.log

Checking Account subkeys returned status 0x80070002, returning false. - warning

GetMergedSWDistPolicy - Could not find the policy in WMI for package Package Program *

2- In SMS_STATE_SYSTEM I received the following error every 5 minutes:

Microsoft SQL Server reported SQL message 8672, severity 16: [42000][8672][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]The MERGE statement attempted to UPDATE or DELETE the same row more than once. This happens when a target row matches more than one source row. A MERGE statement cannot UPDATE/DELETE the 

Please refer to your Configuration Manager documentation, SQL Server documentation, or the Microsoft Knowledge Base for further troubleshooting information.

Anyone face the above issues after upgrade ?

Troubleshooting:

1- Reset Site Settings

2- Uninstall and re-install CCM agent 

3- Verify DPs

4- Create a new task sequence

Note: Software Update is working fine and PXE boot is also working fine.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by Abdul Jalil Abou Alzahab (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Abdul Jalil Abou AlzahabI found this link, maybe this can help you.

Last time I upgraded from 1902 to 1906 my third party updates stopped publishing. Only after installing the KB for 1906 it was fixed

@RahamimL Thanks for your response.

You are right, In-Place upgrade back to normal after installing SCCM 1910 Hotfix:

Client update available for Configuration Manager current branch, version 1910 early update ring

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4535384/client-update-available-for-configuration-manager-c...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Abdul Jalil Abou Alzahab (Iron Contributor)
Solution

@Abdul Jalil Abou AlzahabI found this link, maybe this can help you.

Last time I upgraded from 1902 to 1906 my third party updates stopped publishing. Only after installing the KB for 1906 it was fixed

View solution in original post