SOLVED

Find out who manually triggered an Orchestration Group.

Copper Contributor

Hi folks, is there a way to find out who did triggered an Orchestration Group? 

I can find the start time in the console but there is no way to see which user did started it.

I am looking at two things:

• Somewhere that I can tell that it was triggered manually and if the option to skip the maintenance window was selected or not.
  • The user name that manually launched it.

I notice in the log on the site server when it all started with the detection of the file in the Inbox and then a change in the database but nothing to prove my point.

The process is in place for some time and it never launched itself on it's own.

Thank you very much for the help. My management will be happy to know that it was launched manually.

Mathieu

6 Replies
Have you looked at the audit messages.
I tried to look at All System message around the start of the trigger but did not find any useful message there.
I will continue to look at this tomorrow and will post anything useful.
BTW if you are talking about a who triggered this on a client, you will need to review the logs on that client.
All I can get so far is looking for a specific user using the All Audit Status Messages for a Specific User.
But the only thing I get is a message ID 54102 saying the the user has modified Ochestration Group "OG name". Nothing more.
The message is right on time so I can tell that this is probably what happened but if I look at the changes I made myself on another OG, I have the same message ID.
In my case I was updating a script for that OG and th other user was probably starting the OG.
I am still looking for the flag that say to ignore the maintenance window.
So message ID 54102 in th e Audit message are notifying that an OG was modified.
There is more Message ID when you do more stuff.
Sure, I was looking to find out who launched the OG using the console by using the "Start Orchestration Group" option. I am also looking for the option that tell that the "Ignore all applicable maintenance windows for all members" was selected.
So far, if I start an OG using the option in the console, I have a message ID 54102 in th e audit messages but nothing about ignoring the maintenance windows.
best response confirmed by Mathieu Desjardins (Copper Contributor)
Solution
You will not find anything that states what was changed only that something was changed or updated.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mathieu Desjardins (Copper Contributor)
Solution
You will not find anything that states what was changed only that something was changed or updated.

View solution in original post