SOLVED

ECM prerequisite check for update from 1910 to 2006 fails because of disk space

Copper Contributor

Dear community.

I want to update my ecm from 1910 to 2006. I have a main Server and a site server in an other office. Today i made the precheck for the update to 2006 and the check failed with the message "Check that the site server computer has sufficent available disk space to install the site server".

I am a bit confused, there is already an ECM site server running on that computer but the precheck talks about "install" and not "update". Is this correct ?

How much disk space is needed for that update ? On C:\ i have at least 30 GB free and on disk D:\ where all the Update data and the OS images are, there is also at least 30 GB free. Is this not enought for that update ?

Thank you very much for feedback and your help

1 Reply
best response confirmed by TomMoser (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@TomMoser https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/core/servers/manage/install-in-console-updates#to-run...

Check the log to see which drive failed.

From my log: (located here: "C:\ConfigMgrPrereq.log")

INFO: Prerequisite rule 'Free disk space on site server' will run for easysetup upgrade. Configuration Manager Prereq 11/5/2020 9:31:33 AM
INFO: Free disk space on target D:\. = 23397 MB Configuration Manager Prereq 11/5/2020 9:31:33 AM
CM.corp.viamonstra.com; Free disk space on site server; Passed Configuration Manager Prereq 11/5/2020 9:31:33 AM

I wasn't able to find an the requirement, guessing it is a dynamic range based on your database size and client count.  But that's a guess.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by TomMoser (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@TomMoser https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/core/servers/manage/install-in-console-updates#to-run...

Check the log to see which drive failed.

From my log: (located here: "C:\ConfigMgrPrereq.log")

INFO: Prerequisite rule 'Free disk space on site server' will run for easysetup upgrade. Configuration Manager Prereq 11/5/2020 9:31:33 AM
INFO: Free disk space on target D:\. = 23397 MB Configuration Manager Prereq 11/5/2020 9:31:33 AM
CM.corp.viamonstra.com; Free disk space on site server; Passed Configuration Manager Prereq 11/5/2020 9:31:33 AM

I wasn't able to find an the requirement, guessing it is a dynamic range based on your database size and client count.  But that's a guess.

View solution in original post