SOLVED

Content Library Cleanup error

Copper Contributor

On my SCCM 2111 + Update KB12896009, I get the following error on one of my distribution points when I attempt to run the Content Library Cleanup tool:

ContentLibraryCleanup.exe /q /dp MYDP.mydomain.com /log \\MYPRIMARY\d$\Scripts\DP-Cleanup\ContentCleanup\MYDP
Gathering information...
Loading information from distribution point...
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.String System.String.Format(System.IFormatProvider, System.String, System.Object)'.
at Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.ContentLibraryCleanup.CLContentLibrary.LoadContentLibraryFolders(String contentLibUsableDrives, String contentLibraryPath)
at Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.ContentLibraryCleanup.CLContentLibrary..ctor(String remoteDPFqdn, String primarySiteServerFqdn, String primarySiteCode)
at Microsoft.ConfigurationManager.ContentLibraryCleanup.Program.Main(String[] args)

The program errors immediately and does not generate any log file.  It does not occur on my other DPs.  I am executing this on the local DP from a CMD window with Administrator rights.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

6 Replies
Hi,

Try with :
ContentLibraryCleanup.exe /sc "Site Code" /ps "FQDN of Primary Site" /dp MYDP.mydomain.com /log \\MYPRIMARY\d$\Scripts\DP-Cleanup\ContentCleanup\MYDP /q
I appreciate the reply. I've tried using your command line and making sure that I'm using FQDN information for every server referenced. No change in the results -- immediate error.
This DP isn’t co-located on the primary site server or CMG ?

@DxR Nope, it is a standalone server at one of our remote offices.  All other DPs operate normally.  I think that reinstalling the DP role would fix it, but I'm looking for something a little more precise than getting out the "Big Hammer"

I agree with you. Have you check the DP monitoring node to see if there is any installation or distribution error on this particular DP ?
best response confirmed by _Mike-C (Copper Contributor)
Solution
SOLUTION - Turns out that the .NET version was out of date on this distribution point. Updating .NET fixed the problem.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by _Mike-C (Copper Contributor)
Solution
SOLUTION - Turns out that the .NET version was out of date on this distribution point. Updating .NET fixed the problem.

View solution in original post