Configmgr client missing Configurations tab & some actions after OSD

Bronze Contributor

CM v5.00.8913.1026 (CB 1910 with KB4538488)

I've found the configmgr client in a weird state on a several freshly imaged computers recently.  In the Console, the client shows as offline, despite having a very recent timestamp for Policy request and fairly recent for Heartbeat DDR.  On the client, all of the client properties in the configmgr control panel look right, but the Configurations tab is completely missing, and the Actions tab only has 8 actions available instead of the normal 11.  Missing are:

1. Application Deployment Evaluation Cycle
  2. Discovery Data Collection Cycle
  3. Hardware Inventory Cycle

I've tried what I can think of to get the client into a normal state, checked provisioning mode, client repair, etc, to no avail.  Finally I uninstalled the client and reinstalled it, and then it came up to a normal state. 

Has anyone seen this behavior?  What could be causing it?

2 Replies
Bump. I'd appreciate any suggestions anyone can offer.

If it's relevant, the environment is co-managed, with every workload moved to Intune except for software updates.

@Steve Whitcher  you mentioned freshly imaged. Is it possible that these are captured imaged did not have the previous Client removed or the SID cleaned from the imaged? Either could be causing conflicts where a reinstall of the agent would fix the issue.