ConfigMgr 1706 & Windows 10 Express updates

Copper Contributor

Hi, 

We've configured the express updates for Windows 10, but quickly we saw high diskspace needs. So we've disabled the express update feature. Removing the deployment package and re-download the updates didn't fix the diskspace issue: the express updates still came in.

Next step was to uninstall the SUP, reconfigure WSUS and install the SUP fresh (on the same server). That didn't help either, express updates are still downloaded...

Any tips on how to disable the express udpate downloads? I really don't now what I can possibly do more... :) 

Thanks! 

2 Replies

well the following steps worked for me.

1. disable the express updates.

2. run updates synchronization task in SCCM console.

3. the express updates would be shown grayed out after running summarization.

4. delete those updates from existing update groups and packages.

5. update all distribution points with the respective packages.

6. run ContentLibraryCleanup tool against all distribution points (script it and run it over a weekend. but it works only after a successful replication of the package on the respective distribution point.)

I hope it helps.

Hi Bhushan,

I think I can't follow on  "3. the express updates would be shown grayed out after summarization.":

The express updates are downloaded in the background by the SUP/WSUS, e.g. for the 2017-10 Cumulative update. In the console you only see the name of the update: "2017-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 ...". The express-version of this update isn't shown in the console, so I can't delete it from existing SUG's? 

Or am I missing something? :)