Update 2112 for the Technical Preview Branch of Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager has been released. Previously, software updates that didn't belong to the following update categories defaulted to a maximum run time of 60 minutes (or 10 minutes prior to version 2103):
- Windows feature updates
- Windows non-feature updates
- Office 365 updates
Starting in this technical preview, you can customize the maximum run time for all other software updates, which includes third-party updates.
Screenshot of SUP property page
This preview release also includes:
Console and user experience improvements - Based on your feedback, we’ve made a few improvements to the console and user experience.
- When using temporary device nodes, device actions like Run Scripts are now available to make the experience in the console consistent.
- For example, if you're in the Client Health Dashboard then select a specific version from the Client Versions chart, you're taken to a temporary node. The temporary node now has additional actions available from the right-click menu.
- Copy/paste is available for more objects from details panes.
- Added the Name property in the details pane for configuration items, configuration item related policies, and applications
- Company portal no longer displays an available package as a featured application
Exclude data warehouse reporting tables from synchronization - When you install the data warehouse, it synchronizes a set of default tables from the site database. These tables are required for data warehouse reports. While troubleshooting issues, you may want to stop synchronizing these default tables. Starting in this release, you can exclude one or more of these required tables from synchronization.
For more details and to view the full list of new features in this update, check out our Features in Configuration Manager technical preview version 2112 documentation.
Update 2112 for Technical Preview Branch is available in the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Technical Preview console. For new installations, the 2110 baseline version of Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch is available on the Microsoft Evaluation Center. Technical Preview Branch releases give you an opportunity to try out new Configuration Manager features in a test environment before they are made generally available.
We would love to hear your thoughts about the latest Technical Preview! Send us feedback directly from the console.
The Configuration Manager team
Configuration Manager Resources:
Documentation for Configuration Manager Technical Previews
Try the Configuration Manager Technical Preview Branch
Documentation for Configuration Manager
Configuration Manager Forums
Configuration Manager Support