Brass Contributor
  • Description of the issue
    Wrong datetime format

• Language affected
    Romanian

• Screenshot of the issue
    Capture.PNG

• Steps to reproduce the issue
    Open a chat with any contact to see messages and/or calls of a week old or older.

• Platform
    Windows 7

• Build Version

• Current translation
    Date: aprilie 14, 2018
    Time: 12:01 AM

• Suggested translation
    Date: 14 aprilie 2018 (because order matters)
    Time: 12:01 (in Romanian, there is no AM/PM notation)
3 Replies

Hi Victoria, Thanks for the report. We will investigate the issue. Regards, Do Hee

Hi Victoria,

Date and time format is following the OS language setting, so we assume your OS (Windows 7 in your case) language setting was not Romanian. Switching the language setting in the OS will resolve this specific issue.

Could you also check and let us know if the OS locale and number/date formats were set to Romanian or not on your Windows 7 when you saw the reported problem? It can be checked at the Control Panel > Region and Language. Thanks a lot for helping us improving the products.

Best regards,

Do Hee

Hello dear Do Hee Kim!
Thank you for your hints and messages.

Yes, you are right, the language of my OS is not Romanian. However, I think it should not matter, because the app settings must prevail the OS settings. Especially, that among other things Skype translates to Romanian all days of the week and months. So, why not do it right?

Many people (including me) who speak several languages are using many apps and websites in different languages. Therefore, it is almost impossible to choose the “right datetime format” for all of them, and this is why the application or website should take care of it.

Perhaps you will agree with me that reading something like “Current time in Moscow is пятница, 25 мая 2018 г., 02:30” is very wrong. Even if the language of your OS is Russian, you speak this language, and you live in Russia.

Finally, why on the same OS the Skype for Web displays the “right datetime format”, while Skype for Windows displays the wrong one?

Best wishes,
Victoria