Windows 10 Mail App in German, Cancel an e-mail, Translation to German

Highlighted
Deleted
Not applicable

Hi there,

I am using Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1709 Build 16299.309. I use the Windows 10 Mail App in German. When creating a new e-mail and then cancelling the draft, I get an error popup message as shown in the screenshot below.

As the same words/sentence are used repeatedly, it looks a little bit strange. And as also a question mark is in the dialogue title (unusual, as far as I know), I would like to bring it to attention. I don't know how it looks in English.

2018.03.20-13.45.51.png

Best,

Mourad

3 Replies
Highlighted

Hi @Deleted

So it looks consistent with English. Below is the English screenshot.

However from an experience point of view what would you change it to?

Discard draft English.png

Highlighted

Hi Stafford,

I asked around in a smaller community (German) I am active in, what they think about the translation to German. All in all, the translation is ok. An improvement suggestion was to add a word that when discarding the draft, the draft can not be restaured and is irreversibly gone. The suggestion was: Möchten Sie diesen Entwurf unwiederbringlich verwerfen? Adding the word unwiederbringlich brings in the irreversibility.

Of course, this is only a suggestion and therefore not an issue in the translation.

Best,

Mourad

Highlighted

Thanks so much to you and your community for the suggestion @Deleted. We will ask the product development team if they will change the source to reflect your suggestion. We will get back to you in the Competition PowerBI Dashboard