Windows 10 Mail App in German, Cancel an e-mail, Translation to German

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi there,

I am using Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1709 Build 16299.309. I use the Windows 10 Mail App in German. When creating a new e-mail and then cancelling the draft, I get an error popup message as shown in the screenshot below.

As the same words/sentence are used repeatedly, it looks a little bit strange. And as also a question mark is in the dialogue title (unusual, as far as I know), I would like to bring it to attention. I don't know how it looks in English.

2018.03.20-13.45.51.png

Best,

Mourad

3 Replies

Hi @Deleted

So it looks consistent with English. Below is the English screenshot.

However from an experience point of view what would you change it to?

Discard draft English.png

Hi Stafford,

I asked around in a smaller community (German) I am active in, what they think about the translation to German. All in all, the translation is ok. An improvement suggestion was to add a word that when discarding the draft, the draft can not be restaured and is irreversibly gone. The suggestion was: Möchten Sie diesen Entwurf unwiederbringlich verwerfen? Adding the word unwiederbringlich brings in the irreversibility.

Of course, this is only a suggestion and therefore not an issue in the translation.

Best,

Mourad

Thanks so much to you and your community for the suggestion @Deleted. We will ask the product development team if they will change the source to reflect your suggestion. We will get back to you in the Competition PowerBI Dashboard