SOLVED

Sway templates - Missing images after switching languages

MVP

Hi there,

while testing the templates, I had Chrome (up to date) open for the German (DE-DE) ones and Firefox (up to date) open for the English (EU-US) ones. Both by using the my Office 365 E3 account. For switching the language, I used the link on the bottom left.

When displaying the templates without creating a new Sway, all is fine. But, each time, I created a new Sway from a template in Firefox (so, the English ones), the images could not be found and I had an error. It looks like the following screenshot.

image.png

image.png

Creating the Sway in German was not a problem. Meaning, if I e.g. switch Sway to German in Firefox, the images are correctly created/copied and displayed. I tried out French and no problem too. I did a test in Chrome, running in Icognito mode, and I have the same problem, when switching Sway to English.

Best,

Mourad

4 Replies

Hi @Mourad Louha we will follow up with the Sway Development team on this one. It might take us a while to get back to you on it but we will. Thanks for reporting it! Staff 

Hi @Stafford Quaid,

I was testing some more templates today in the same manner, I described above. This time, all went fine and I did not encounter the errors, I noticed some days ago. Don't know, but may be it's due to that on the weekend I worked on a web project and had to clear all caches of my browsers. However a little bit strange, that the problem was limited to the English ones only.

Best,

Mourad

best response confirmed by Mourad Louha (MVP)
Solution

There was an issue with images in Sway. The Dev team fixed it late last week. I am glad it is sorted now. Thanks for reporting it! Staff 

Hi Stafford - ah, ok. Thanks and thanks to the dev team too :)

Best,

Mourad

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mourad Louha (MVP)
Solution

There was an issue with images in Sway. The Dev team fixed it late last week. I am glad it is sorted now. Thanks for reporting it! Staff 

View solution in original post