PowerPoint Live Captions - German - General Feedback for the transcription

MVP

Hi there,

I did some tests for the PowerPoint Live Captions in German. I used a headset for my tests, First, I must say, the feature is impressive. Fluent spoken language is in general well recognized for me. However, there are errors in punctuation and capitalization and sometimes, words are not recognized at all. This especially applies to English words used in German. For example, Business Intelligence is not always recognized. But, maybe that's also due to my prononciation in English.

The following screenshot shows some samples of sentences in German. The underscore represents a longer pause, the dash a shorter pause.

image.png

The product names Power BI and Power Query appear correct in the screenshot above, if we omit the capitalization error, but I also had sometimes the case, that BI was recognized as B.I of B,I. and Query as something different such as werk.

Regarding punctuation errors, for example for the third sentence ... dazu ein Beispiel überlegt, Live Captions adds a comma after dazu. It's always the case, independently how I speak the sentence. For the last sentence, a dot is added after Animationen, also each time I repeat the sentence. That leads to that Erstellen is then capitalized.

There are some errors in upper-casing too. For example, Wetterdaten should be written in upper case. And Transformieren is a verb in the second sentence and should be then in lower case.

Best,

Mourad

1 Reply

Hi @Mourad Louha 

Thanks for entering the competition. We are glad you like the feature. We will get the right team to investigate this and get back to you! 

Regards,

Staff