Office Admin Center Preview - Adding a new room, device or resource

MVP

Hi there,

I tried to add a new room/device/resource. I think, all the dialogs contents are well translated into German. Maybe, it would be a small suggestion to use the singular for the translation of devices - meaning Gerät instead of Geräte - as the other two entries are in singular too.

When adding a new entry - in my test, a new device - I get some tooltips on the right side of the edit fields. It looks e.g. like the following screenshot in German.

image.png

I did not check, what text is used in the English version of that tooltip, but I have some notes for the German version. So, the text states, that only characters from the standard latin alphabet can be used. My test e-mail has an umlaut in it - btw. automatically set after I gave the device a name - and I think that is why the error message is displayed because umlauts are not allowed. That's ok, but as a suggestion, for being more precise on what a standard latin alphabet is, I would perhaps add in brackets (a ... z), e.g.: ... des lateinischen Standardalphabets (a...z), Zahlen, ...

The text also states, that the e-mail should not start with numbers and that text is highlighted in bold - therefore it seems to be important. However, I am able to setup an e-mail starting with numbers and even an e-mail address having only numbers and there is no warning when adding the device.

image.png

image.png

After then, I deleted the first one and tried to add a second device, in this case with an e-mail-address which follows the rules, e.g. device-test@... I got an untranslated error message, shown in the screenshot below. It seems, that there is a problem adding new entries. I did not always have the message, but after deleting and adding entries, it appeared regularly.

image.png

However, refreshing the browser shows me my test device in the list on the main page.

image.png

After that, I tried to create a second device having the same e-mail-address as the previous one. This gives me an error message in English too. The message is very technical, for saying that the e-mail already exists. I would like to suggest to simplify the message content for normal users and translate it too.

image.png

Best,

Mourad

1 Reply

Thanks for the suggestions @Mourad Louha . We will look into them!

Regards,

Staff