Dutch Word Online - translation

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I found a few issues that might be changed:

1. Screen tips

There are hardly any screen tips when you hover over buttons in the ribbon in Word Online. Most of the screen tips are not consitent with the screen tips in Word (desktop client version)

2. Word Count

In Word Online the option "Word Count" is translated with: "Aantal woorden" in Word (desktop client version) it is translated with: "Woorden tellen". I think that's the better option.

WOLCount.JPGWDTCount.JPG

3. Insights

The group name "Insights" is translated to: "Inzichten" as a literally translation that's correct, but here I would prefer it to be translated toe: "Onderzoeken".

WOLSearch.JPG

4. File Open

In Backstage view at File Open in Word Online the recent documents are marked as: "Onlangs geopende documenten" in Word (desktop client version) is says: "Recente documenten". Both are correct and I prefer the shorter "Recente documenten".

WOLFileOpen.JPG

5. File Share

In Backstage view at File Share in Word Online inviting people is translated to: "Met anderen delen" the translation in Word (desktop client version) is better: "Personen uitnodigen".

WOLShare.JPG

6. File About

The translation of File About in Word Online could be better translated from "Over" to "Meer over".

WOLAbout.JPG

7. Page Layout

The tab Page Layout has two different translations for het button Size and also Indent has two different translations. See picture.

WOLPage.JPG

8. View

On the View tab there are some inconsitent translations. See picture.

WOLView.JPG

So that's it for now on Word Online.

Greetings

Marianne

1 Reply
Hi Marianne...Thanks so much for entering the competition! Please keep your feedback coming! We will publish a PowerBI report on November 30th with the competition results. Regards, Staff