Ability to Report Abuse on User Profile

Ability to Report Abuse on User Profile

Upvotes

Upvote

Mar 06 2020
14 Comments (14 New)
Closed

Currently, we could report posts and comments which are abusive but we don't have option to report abusive profile. Sometimes, the user might not directly submit abusive posts but series of behavior of user in community could be abusive like following a user around or posting multiple spams and instead of reporting each post, it would be better to report entire profile, so posts will be checked by moderators.

Comments
Silver Contributor

Any update on this idea?

There are other forums where have this option and normally it is good when we dealt with spammers.

There is no need to report profile, just report the post,

I explained more in here:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/community-discussion/tech-support-scams/m-p/2117584

Not everyone here has good intentions.

there are occasions where someone makes a new account and posts spams or tech support scams in various communities.

spam and tech support scam is obvious, there is no need for deep thought.

if you can't recognize them it's okay, nobody forces you to report anyone.

Silver Contributor

I have noticed in other community there is a possibility to report an abusive profile too. There are too many posts and users there and it is helpful like when you see a user posting multiple spams instead of reporting each spamming posts, you could just report the user profile and the moderator will check the post.

Sometimes we a user might just post one abusive post and in other case, the user might be the abusive user.

Or just report one post and mention the user is mass spamming. moderators have the ability to check the logs and history.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Closed

I tend to agree with @HotCakeX here. If you feel a user is abusive then either report the post where this occurs, or the private message. Finally and always an option is you can email the Microsoft Tech Community team with any concerns you may have.

Silver Contributor

The reason I shared this idea is because we have such a option in Microsoft Answers and Microsoft Q&A forum.

This forum might not be the primary target for spammer but in the future, it would be nice to have this feature for mass spammer and instead of reporting 100 message as spam , I report abuse profile.

There are other cases, consider user add abusive topic in the profile page like a profile picture which is not suitable or post contents which are against the CoC in their profiles and in this case report abuse a post and request to check the profile is not a good practice.

Community Manager

Just to clarify, while we understand your point of view and some of the other cases you have mentioned, typically if our team sees a reported message we will examine their profile for a history of other abusive activity, so even if you've only reported 1-3 messages and they have 100, we will look at all of them. 

Silver Contributor

Thank you @Eric Starker for the clarification.

Consider a case where user only created a profile and didn't shared any post yet but the profile is abusive like offensive photo or link to malicious URL, then what should we do in this case?

If the user posted something we just report the post and ask moderator to check the profile. However, when there is no post, there is no way to report abusive profile.

Community Manager

In this case you could email us at techcommunity@microsoft.com and we will look into it.

Silver Contributor

Thank you @Eric Starker , what you mentioned is a workaround and I will do that but as this community grow we definitely would need such a functionality. It would be more professional than sending an email. 

@Reza_Ameri it has nothing to do with being "professional" though, FWIW, Sending Email is very "professional"