Community Events FAQs ** Updated Oct 3rd, 2018 **

Community Manager

How do I get my event listed in the event directory?

Thank you for your interest, at this time we are not accepting events for submission into the events directory. We are a new team who have taken over the Microsoft Technical Community members and so we are now taking some time to consider how best to support the former members of this space and help them promote the vital grassroots events you organize to help support adoption of Microsoft Products and services. 

Some members have taken to posting their events in the public Community Events discussion space and, although not what this discussion space was intended for we have decided to allow that to continue unhindered until we have identified a suitable alternative. 

How do I apply for event sponsorship?

We were hoping to be able to communicate more on this at the start of the new year but it's taking a little longer than we intended. We are currently looking at ways to fill the gap while we work out our final offering in this space and we will communicate more on this as soon as possible.

Unfortunately this is not something we are going to be able to offer in this fiscal year, we will be doing a root to branch review of all benefits that were previously offered under the previous Microsoft Technical Communities program in 2019 with a view to making sure that these are still fit for purpose and that we can support them going forward.

How do I renew or extend my Office 365 trial?

We will be offering a portal to do this shortly, stay tuned. 

The office 365 E3 Trial has come to an end with the former Microsoft Technical Communities, we will not be in a position to support this program in 2018 and we will undertake a review of all benefits provided under the previous program to ensure they are still appripriate and that we can support them in 2019.

Stay tuned for updates. 

21 Replies

@Allen 

Hi team, any update around the Office 365 E3 licenses for User Groups?

thanks,

Peter

@Peter Daalmans 

At this time, this offer is no longer something we are supporting. If that changes, we'll be sure to share in the Tech Community and through our Twitter (@mstcommunity). Sorry about that.

We do have a robust community event directory as a resource for user groups so hopefully you'll take advantage of that!