The automatic saving function in the Edge insider community didn't work!

Brass Contributor

I lost 2 long draft I edit on this community which take me 3 days! How can I find out my draft!! I don't want to write it again

13 Replies

I just click publish the discussion and then it said something wrong with your publishing and then I lost my draft

Hi,
I don't think you can have more than 1 unfinished post saved in the memory, they replace each other, try to save them in sticky notes, OneNote, collections in Edge etc. for safe keeping.
quick reply texts are not saved.

also, topics related to Microsoft tech community itself, go here:
https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Info-Center/ct-p/Community-Info-Center

Hello @GatesLover , 

We're sorry you ran into an issue with posting. Are you slowly building these posts over the course of multiple days? As we have protections to keep people from remaining idle for too long. 

We recommend building large posts via OneNote or Word and then posting it within the discussion when it is ready. This will stop you from losing any content.

@GatesLover Hello! Sorry for the inconvenience. One of your posts was filtered into our approval queue which keeps it from being published until our team approves it. We try to indicate that with the text shown to you when that happens, but sorry for any confusion.

When that happens, our team will look at the post manually to make sure there's nothing wrong with it (i.e. that it's not spam). We typically approve posts within a business day, so you never have to wait too long - I approved your message in the queue this morning. 

@Dylan Snodgrass I always feel suck when I edit long article in this forum. Sometimes the system say your identity authentication was incorrect when I want to publish the article, and all my writing disappears. And I could not find where my draft saved everywhere. And sometime have a small bugs, like this:

All the functions was blocked

I just wonder why not figure out a way to solve this problem forever like:

1.Edit our writings all on our Word on Edge Word (office.com) And click the publish button to publish in any links on the Internet! Just type in your link you want to publish like a contact of your email and you will publish all the stuff you write and edit on your Word

2. Import all the functions of Word into this community. It's an extension or something. When you edit any text on any text box on Edge, just open up the Word extension and all Word functions will be imported into that edition text box. That extension could be applied to any forum like MS community Twitter or Facebook

@HotCakeX Maybe you can figure out a way to save all the items you established like Medium that you can just save as many answers or discussions as you can

@Eric Starker I have some an interesting idea:

1.Imported Word/Excel/PowerPoint extension in any text box you are editing like this ones:

GatesLover_0-1607391785072.png

GatesLover_1-1607391831875.png

No matter when you write a Twitter or answer something on Quora, you can just import a Word extension. And all the functions in Word will be imported!

2. Word publish link. You can just publish in any link you want. When you finish your writing on Word click the button of publishing, then you just type down the link you want publish and choose the format like PDF or video then all your writing on the Word will be published in the link you typed.

And where is the Word insider I just want to write to the Word insider

@GatesLover Thank you for the feedback. We appreciate your contributions - we'd recommend posting them on our Community Ideas board, where we can track suggestions and other members can upvote them. -

@Eric Starker 

1. the auto-saved are not in one minute! Once I lost my draft I have to started 30 minute ago!

2. Why every I publish my writing the system say that my identity authentication error and all draft was swallow by the system???

@HotCakeX 

1. the auto-saved are not in one minute! Once I lost my draft I have to started 30 minute ago!

2. Why every I publish my writing the system say that my identity authentication error and all draft was swallow by the system???

Please help me find out my draft I don't want to write so many times

@GatesLover No need to repeat and tag individual users with the same text -- I will refer this to @Allen for further assistance. Sorry for the hassle.

@GatesLover 

@GatesLover wrote:

@HotCakeX Maybe you can figure out a way to save all the items you established like Medium that you can just save as many answers or discussions as you can

it would be part of the forum software

@GatesLover 

Thanks for posting, I am going to reach out to you via PM to discuss the issues around identity authentication as some of what causing this issue is personal to you.

As for the feedback about Microsoft Word, there is no web plugin editor for word which would allow us to embed it into the community. There is one Outlook Web App and I am working to understand more about that and then if we could use it instead of our current opensource editor (TinyMCE).