Text editor changed

MVP

In  particular Insert Code icon disappeared, perhaps something else. Checked in Opera and Edge. Is that only in my environment or you see the same?

image.png

17 Replies

Oops, that's not only one change - instead of MVP I become Respected Contributor. Not a big deal, but I'm still a MVP. So far.

Hi Sergei,

Since I use the Insert Code frequently, I noticed this change several months ago!

Its name has been changed to Pre!

To find it out, please go to Formats >> Blocks >> Pre

Formats-Blocks-Pre.png

By the way, they added a new type of code blocks!

Formats-Inline-Code.png

Hi Haytham,

Appreciate, thank you. I use it practically every day as well, but "new design" appeared only today for me.

Yes, it works.

The only point that's extra couple of clicks and menus.

Oh, yes, thank you.

Now need to improve my HTML skills.

And today it returns back

image.png

It's weird!

They brought you back to the old menu!

I think it's time to send feedback to the Community manager so he knows it and tells us what's going on!

@Eric Starker, could you please comment this conversation.

Thank you

Hi @Sergei Baklan and @Haytham Amairah

I can confirm I am currently working with Lithium to allow more styles and functions to be leveraged directly within the editor. Lithium hit a problem when deploying it on our staging enviroment so we halted roll out to production.

Clearly that 'halt' seems to have slipped at some point and so you got an early preview. We have allot more changes and improvements coming to the editor and this will just be the beginning.

Before June 2019 I am expecting to be able to give you all the ability to embed images using copy and paste and not have to upload the images using the photo's button, for example. 

@Sergei Baklan, thanks for the note. Hopefully, Allen was able to answer your question.

Hi @Allen,

That's clear now, thank you for the clarification. As for images it's not necessary to upload them, it's enough to focus on grey zone after photo button and copy the image from the clipboard. However, to paste them directly to the text will be better.

For me "old" editor style is more suitable since all what I usually use is here, no extra clicks, especially for Insert Code. But that's not a big deal.

Good luck in your work.

That would be great. I just joined the techcommunity today, wrote my first post and tried inserting an image to clarify the problem, tried a lot and finally gave up.

Thanks.

Hi all,

The first lot of changes are now enabled for the editor, these are the options we now support:

Paste - Allows you to paste in text, currently this does not support images or media

Bold - Makes your text bold

Italic - Makes your text display in italics

Underline - Underlines your text

Strikethrough - Allows you to strike a line through your text

Spoiler Tag - Allows you to hide some content from first viewing until the viewer clicks a link to 

Spoiler
See what is in the spoiler tag

Insert Code - Allows you to insert code into a box that makes it easier to read. 

Does not currently support syntax highlighting

Insert Emoticon - Heart we plan to review and update these shortly.

Insert / Edit link - Allows you to insert or edit a link in your text

Insert Photos - You can upload and display photos in your posts using this link

Insert Video - Same as photos but not all users can use this button. If you do not see this button you can not use it.

Numbered List - Lets you create a list of ordered items

Bullet List - Lets you create a list of bullet items

Text Color - Let's you have different color text

Size - Allows you to choose different size text in your posts - This one is tightly managed under our acceptable use policy. We reserve the right to edit, delete, remove or ban users who make inappropriate use of large text sizes.

Anchor - This allows you to create an Anchor point in your post. You can then share a link directly to your anchor point but putting #AchorName after the url.

Align Left - Left align your text

Align Center - Center align your text

Align Right - Right align your text

Justify - Makes your text justify across the screen size when it wraps on to a new line.

Left to right (default) - When you compose your message in a language that reads left to right this option should always be selected and is the default for the community

Right to left - works the same way as left to right but is designed for languages that read right to left

Blockquote - used to quote text from another thread or board, if your quoting someone from the existing thread use the blue Quote button.

This is a quote using Blockquote

Subscript - Used for writing your text in subscript

Superscript - used for writing your text in superscript

Good job Allen, thank you

Hi Allen,

Do you have summary info for the keyboard shortcuts which work with this editor?

Thank you

@Sergei Baklan

Thanks for a great question, which I didn't even know so I went a did some research and this is what I have found so far:

Action PC Mac
Bold Ctrl+B Command+B
Italic Ctrl+I Command+I
Underline Ctrl+U Command+U
Select All Ctrl+A Command+A
Redo Ctrl+Y / Ctrl+Shift+Z Command+Y / Command+Shift+Z
Undo Ctrl+Z Command+Z
Header 1 Alt+Shift+1 Ctrl+Alt+1
Header 2 Alt+Shift+2 Ctrl+Alt+2
Header 3 Alt+Shift+3 Ctrl+Alt+3
Header 4 Alt+Shift+4 Ctrl+Alt+4
Header 5 Alt+Shift+5 Ctrl+Alt+5
Header 6 Alt+Shift+6 Ctrl+Alt+6
Div Alt+Shift+8 Ctrl+Alt+8
Address Alt+Shift+9 Ctrl+Alt+9
Insert link Ctrl+K Command+K
Save Ctrl+S Command+S

I will do some digging to see if I can find out the rest of them and will update this thread

@Allen, thank you, useful information.