Post incorrectly marked as spam by someone, for no apparent reason

This thread has been locked for new comments by a moderator, if you have a new similar issue then please start a new thread.
Steel Contributor

Reposting, because this post was also marked as spam within seconds! Unbelievable!

---

My post was marked as spam by someone within seconds of posting, for no apparent reason. This is quite strange. 

This is the post: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/SharePoint/Upload-folder-allowed-even-when-make-new-folder-co...

How does this community work? Can someone just mark a post as spam without any review mechanism? Why are there no reporting options available? 

The post which was marked as spam for no reasonThe post which was marked as spam for no reason

There is this red banner on the top of page, which says "If you believe this is an error, submit an abuse report". Really? When I click that, I am presented with this:

The confusing report abuse optionThe confusing report abuse option

No. I don't want to report "inappropriate content". I want to report exactly the opposite of that. And the text "Tell us why you believe the content is inappropriate", isn't helpful either. No. I want to tell you exactly the opposite! And what's with two cancel buttons? Does Microsoft want to dissuade people form complaining?

Does anyone even read the appropriateness of the reason given for marking as spam?

Where is the Redressal Mechanism? My tweets have gone unansered, and for the report options, I am still awaiting response from moderator(s).

While we are at it, the home page no longer shows me the newest posts! It is stuck at whatever was the situation before my post was marked as spam. 

10 Replies

Thanks. Our system has an automatic spam filter. Every weekday, our team manually goes through the spam quarantine and moves messages out of it that don't belong. I've unmarked your post as spam.

Thanks. As per above, our system has an automatic spam filter. Every weekday, our team manually goes through the spam quarantine and moves messages out of it that don't belong. I've unmarked your post as spam.

Hi Eric,

I have the same issue. My post has been marked as Spam. Please help in removing from spam list as we need the support on this. Thanks!

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/SharePoint/Unable-to-view-items-in-Modern-view-and-web-addres...

Arun,

this has now been cleared, thanks for flagging.

@Stefan Ringler 

Not as annoying as the community being flooding with requests for dates!

But yes unfortunately on this occasion our spam filter incorrectly marked your post as spam, we have now reviewed it and removed the spam notification. 

I've removed your post from the spam quarantine.

I'm closing this thread for new comments as we encourage you to use other channels to communicate with us about this.

If your post is incorrectly marked as spam by our automatic spam filter, rest assured our team will restore it within one business day.

Feel free to reach out to our team at techcommunity@microsoft.com if you have any questions.