SOLVED

Old RSS articles popping up again very often

Silver Contributor

I have read another article on RSS being too large and it was mentioned it was fixed. Maybe a side effect, but not sure. Right from the New Year (or maybe it was just before 2020) one day hundreds os old articles here appeared on my feed as "new". I have cleared them all, but almost every day one or two old articles appear again. As this only happens with this site, i can't blame Feedly. I've read you have another link for RSS (i think it is in that button at the top of the blog, with a word plugins in its URL instead of rss). Maybe this one doesn't have such issue. But i would hate to resub to so many blogs for nothing..

4 Replies

@wroot 

I have not heard about this issue myself. I know we did Migrate some older content into one of our blogs last month which would have shown up as new if you were subscribed to that blog but it wouldn't / shouldn't have been a duplicate of current content.

We are recommending users use the newer custom RSS feed from the button at the top of the blog.

Could I ask you the next time you see this to take some screenshots?

• Of the RSS feed in feedly
  • Open the underlying rss feed and save it to a file

Then if you could send that to our team, I will take a look into it.

best response confirmed by wroot (Silver Contributor)
Solution

I have resubbed to all blogs using new links a week or so ago. No issues so far. Will report if it happens again. During that NY glitch it wasn't just one blog, it were old articles from every blog i subscribe.

It seems that new RSS links work better and no reoccurrence of older articles happens. Well, a few that appeared again recently (one today) were because the title of the article was edited (adding or removing words). Would be great for such to not to reappear too, but i guess will have to live with that and this case is not so often happening.

Since April 1st old articles started popping up again (even when i'm using new RSS URL format). Already got like 5 old articles in my feed. Unless they all were edited for some reason (posts from September, October, December of 2019). The latest one https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/enterprise-mobility-security/microsoft-intune-rolls-out-an-im...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by wroot (Silver Contributor)
Solution

I have resubbed to all blogs using new links a week or so ago. No issues so far. Will report if it happens again. During that NY glitch it wasn't just one blog, it were old articles from every blog i subscribe.

View solution in original post