SOLVED

MDT

Copper Contributor

Hello All,

I am new to this site and I have a MDT question. Please help if you can, thanks in advance.

I watched this video on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfJep4hmg9o

Awesome video, very helpful. I have a question, @ 4:35, how did he get the "Select a task sequence to execute on this computer" window to open on the Win 7 OS and not boot to PXE?

I have using MDT, but I have never been able to do that. I always boot into pxe and eventually I get the "Select a task sequence to execute on this computer" window.

Thank you.

You can change your partition schema from MBR to GPT and move from BIOS to UEFI without reformatting your hard drive and reinstalling Windows using the built-in MBR2GPT Windows tool. This process can also be used to prepare for Windows 11 upgrades. In this video, Windows Program Manager, Desmond ...
2 Replies
best response confirmed by Quirino Carlin (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Quirino,

From the computer itself, just connect the deploymentshare and then execute the litetouch.vbs script

\\MDTServer\Deploymentshare$>scripts\Litetouch.vbs

You will have the wizard you mentioned

Hope it helps

Cheers

Gregory B

Thank you Gregory, that was easy and it worked.

This also helped me figure out how to install apps only (not image).

Create a Custom Task Sequence, choose your apps, launch the task sequnce the way you suggested in Windows, choose the task sequence you created and the install begins.

-Thansk again!!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Quirino Carlin (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi Quirino,

From the computer itself, just connect the deploymentshare and then execute the litetouch.vbs script

\\MDTServer\Deploymentshare$>scripts\Litetouch.vbs

You will have the wizard you mentioned

Hope it helps

Cheers

Gregory B

View solution in original post