HTML Error

Deleted
Not applicable

Hi,

I am very sorry if I have been spamming threads in the past week and promise to work on my bad habits. 

I have problems posting and replying to threads now. It says there is a invalid HTML error, I press post, and it says we removed the HTML and try posting again. IT wont' work and have to do it a few times to get it to work.

Brwoser: Edge Stable V88. Just updated today 

Thank you,

Shawn

7 Replies
Hi,
you're not alone, ive been experiencing this too, the same exact errors appear, im sure these are all connected, something somewhere got broken, i hope it'll get fixed before weekends

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/community-discussion/can-t-edit-any-posts-i-make/m-p/2080033
I see, thanks. I will just have to wait for it to be fixed.

Have a great day

Shawn
Yes, you too

@Deleted 

Hi, just wanted to let you know that there is a known bug with Microsoft Editor extension, it adds some unnecessary elements to the post.

if you happen to have it on your browser, try disabling it and you should be able to post without HTML errors.

Tech community admin and Microsoft Editor team are aware of it and working on a fix.

Thanks for letting me know, yes I do have that extenstion on.

Hvae a great day,

Shawn
I was having the same problem, like many others it seems. For kicks, I took care of the edits the Microsoft Editor plug-in was "suggesting" and tried posting. It worked. It seems that the plug-in is adding dynamic HTML to display it's edit marks, and that's being captured in the form. At least, that'd be my guess based on the behavior.

I've now disabled the plug-in on this site. If you have it installed, click the plug-in icon and select the Disable Editor on... link at the bottom of the dialog.
Yeah just turn it off and you won't have to post multiple comment anymore, put them all in 1 post, without getting any HTML errors.