How to Determine what to read

Silver Contributor

After going on vacation for a week, i'm taking a look at this network and have no idea how to find out what is new or where to start reading. When I look at the old O365 network this task is trivial to accomplish. How are we supposed to keep track of posts in this network? it seems impossible.

6 Replies

ill second this feedback, i am really trying to adopt, but it is nothing like what we have been using

it is not a bad tool if you live and breath in one product forum.  i am responsible for every o365 service and need more holistic visibility/usability and ease of use

i dont even know where to start providing feedback on this component other than to say make it act more like yammer, which i dont think is remotely possible because of limitations in the technology

This is a huge step back. The Yammer forums are withering now and this is just painful. I want to give it a try, but it is not very inviting. I hope they quickly iterate some UI changes.

Agreeing with the suggestions here.  It is tooooooo many clicks to move in/out of each discussion.  The home page ... Useless.  You used one page to show 12 groups.  A lot of bad-use of space.  Could you do like Yammer, showing the groups on the side, beside the posts, with a count number?  And have the number be reflective of what I've browsed past?

I'm not into these large pretty group buttons.  I cannot do a quick scan of items in this interface.  I learned to scan text quickly, pulling out what was important.  Showing too little text per page makes one page more often (means focusing harder to not lose one's place on the page), then you fill the space with boxes?  Frustrating comes to mind here.  I'm trying to adapt, but very difficult to do so.

... And show those groups with a One-line-of-text, rather than a box?

I think the big group buttons on the home page are a major waste of space.

i'd vote for removing them all together, relying on the hamburger menu.  or worst case, maybe a "X" button that closes it out and remembers your choice via cookies or something to not show again.

my expectation is when I come to the network, the first thing I should see is recent / relevant conversation posts

I completely agree, Dean.
I want to be able to have quick navigation through the groups that I am interested in (obviously this implies the ability to have favourite groups!)
Additionally, I want to see a notification of new messages.
It may sound like I am asking to recreate Yammer but actually, I am just advocating recreating some of the features that make it most productive and usable.
I think that with the preview, we have enabled the ability to search but at the cost of the ability to browse effectively!