SOLVED

#Excel Formula problem

Copper Contributor

I have an excel spreadsheet that is sent to me weekly that when I try to filter and sort on specific column I get a symbol around the down arrow which is 4 circles in each corner to look like the corners of a box with a line going down to 4 arrows pointing up down and side by side.  I am not able to sort unless I go to formulas and then show formulas.  And even sometimes I still am not able to sort that specific column even with showing formulas, any suggestions on how to fix this as I have not been able to find any.  Pic. below.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by JennGibson2Learn (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@JennGibson2Learn 

That's the question for Excel community here Welcome to the Excel group. (microsoft.com) , this space is for discussions about MTC itself.

In brief, when this object is selected just press Del, you don't need it. After that sort/filter as desired.

@Sergei Baklan Thank you for the information.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by JennGibson2Learn (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@JennGibson2Learn 

That's the question for Excel community here Welcome to the Excel group. (microsoft.com) , this space is for discussions about MTC itself.

In brief, when this object is selected just press Del, you don't need it. After that sort/filter as desired.

View solution in original post