Choose to not display empty spaces

Iron Contributor

Hi,

When I navigate to the Azure Spaces (https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure/ct-p/Azure) I can see all the 50-ish spaces there. However it's very hard to manage an overview since there's so many of them, and most of them are actually completely empty. 

I realize these might get populated as we progress and move forward, but it would be superb if we'd have an option to filter out empty noise so we could focus on the actual content we'd like to engage with. 

Everyone's quite busy, and I've heard from multiple people that they're not using this new network due to the fact that it takes them longer time to find what people have posted, than to actually post a reply. This should indicate that a focus on the usability, new content etc might be beneficial for making sure new users can quickly adopt this platform. In the end, I ask myself this: "If I want to help people by answering questions, but I can't find their questions quickly - what should I do", and I suppose this is where you guys have to bring us some ideas and solutions so I can help my community adopt this platform more quickly :)

Cheers,

Tobias.

5 Replies
Tobias, I fully support the idea to filter inactive spaces, just interesting what was the ideas behind to generate few dozens of spaces here? For example, O365 Groups has in times more members with active conversations - with only one space. And that works fine from my point of view.
Many of those spaces are not even related to Azure and as such do not belong in that community. i.e, ATA and SCCM are 2 examples.

Hi @Tobias Zimmergren thanks for your feedback.  We know it's quiet there at the moment but a lot more content is coming in.  We are only 15days into the new community and steadily adding more content especially when Microsoft Ignite starts in 2 weeks time. 

The other challenge is that if the spaces aren't appearing (even if hidden behind a filter or toggle) it is safe to assume fewer people will discover them.  We ask for your patience during this time but even in the last 2 weeks we're starting to see more people contribute and we're tapping specific people on the shoulder to make sure they're aware this is the place to have conversations about specific products.

With regards to where the products are, we have worked with the Azure product team and they have agreed this is the structure to launch with. 

Thanks @Anna Chu for the reply. 

I think it's fine with the amount of spaces there, if they'll eventually get populated (as I'm sure they will). Right now though it's just hard to get an overview, and instead of seeing what conversations there are, you'd have to scroll through a big page of space-cards, hence my query for the hide/show. 

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more action during and after ignite as well. 

Cheers,

Tobias.

I respectively disagree with the people on the Azure team that you spoke with. When I look at the Azure product site at https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/?sort=popular&filter=all and do a search, I don't get any information about SCCM or ATA. These products clearly do not have very much if anything to do with Azure. Creating spaces for them in the Azure community is a sure way to ensure that they get minimal usage.