Article or Blog Explaining About User Status

Bronze Contributor

Hi,

In Microsoft Tech Community we have status like New contributorOccasional VisitorValue ContributorSuper Contributor, etc. Please add weblog or article and explain what are available status and how they are being measured? And what each status means?

In addition, please add explanation for affiliations like Microsoft or MVP. For those who are active in this community or Microsoft domain, they understand what does it means but for new members these are questions.

In case there is any article or website regarding to these, please add it to main page or pin it there, so everyone would be able find it quickly. 

9 Replies

@Reza_Ameri-Archived 

I don't think the approach is changed for these years:

image.png

Complete list of community statuses... ), answer as above is repeating from time to time.

Who is who is explained in Code of Conduct https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/community-policies/code-of-conduct/ta-p/1235728

image.png

If people read the rules they shall know.

@Sergei Baklan 

Like you said may be the policy is still like kept it secret.

I also believe Code of Conduct should more accessible and in home page , for new users it is not easy to access it and they have to search and look for it. 

@Reza_Ameri-Archived There is a post somewhere around here, I forgot where it was. :(
@Sergei Baklan My opinion is that this is not fair.

I found that post, @Reza_Ameri-Archived!

Kam_0-1604602221454.png

This is just some of the user ranks, I couldn't find a full list.

Sorry for any inconveniences.

@Reza_Ameri-Archived 

Yes, that's not easy to find Code of Conduct, at least you shall to know it's somewhere within Community Lounge. On the other hand lot of unregistered users who usually start from Home page won't be interesting in Code of Conduct. That's always a compromise between usability and SEO.

@Kam 

Thank you for sharing, but there is no explanation like what is the requirement for each level and like @Sergei Baklan mentioned, I believe there are some sort of secrets. However, it is enjoyable to be in community regarless of status.

@Sergei Baklan 

True, however in most websites there is simple place to find it.

In other cases, let say if I see anyone is against CoC , I need to search for it to proof the user it is against CoC.