Welcome to the Azure Cognitive Services - Speech AMA!

Community Manager

Welcome to the Azure Cognitive Services - Speech Ask Microsoft Anything (AMA)! This live hour gives you the opportunity to ask questions and provide feedback.

Please introduce yourself by replying to this thread. Post your questions in a new thread within the Azure AI AMA space, by clicking on, "Start a New Conversation" at the top of the page.

31 Replies

@Eric Starker 

Hi,

My name is Andrew and as luck would have it I am working on a design for some batch transcription. I have a few questions if it would be possible to ask them here?

Thanks

Andrew

@Eric Starker, I am Eugene Alfaro, CEO of a new tech startup whose team is likely to leverage the capabilities here.  I am interested in hearing about the innovations for us to leverage.

@haymansfield Absolutely! To ask your question, go to this link https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/azure-ai-ama/bd-p/AzureAIAMA and click the "Start a New Conversation" button on the top! 

@Eric Starker  Hi everyone, I'm Paulo from Siemens SA and yes, I was also expecting some Teams session or so :)

Hi everyone, this is Edward. I am the Program Manager of Text-to-Speech. I work with the product team in developing our text-to-speech service, particularly Custom Neural Voice. I also work with some of our key customers in building and implementing Custom Neural Voice for their services.

@Paulo_Morais Yes, it's not Teams, but the team is here live ready for your questions! 

Hey everyone! Dylan with the Microsoft Tech Community team here. I'm excited for a great hour of live Q&A!

@Eric Starker 
Hey, im Leo.
Im a student working for EOS GmbH in Krailling (Munich).

@Eric Starker, glad to be here. I know nothing about Azure Cognitive Services, at this point, but I would like to learn more. I have it running in my tenant, but don't really know what I can do with it. I'm hoping to piggy-back off of some other community member's questions :)

Hi Everyone! Welcome, it's great to have you all here. I am Salman Quazi one of the Engineering Managers here in Microsoft Azure Cognitive Services.
Hi Eric my name is Boots Bandoja a Learning Experience Designer for an oil company.

Hi @Eric Starker I'm Paul working a lot with the Bot Framework and Unity 3D

@Eric Starker 
Is it correct that all are just text ... no live !  If so it is a waste of our time!  We come on live from the hole world and you thing this  is what we want - get live in 2021 - Microsoft .-)  
Text are last centry .-)

Hi Maciek Czarnota, clearvision, partner and isv. Currently heavy user of text to speech feature in Polish :D

Hi there, thank you for hosting this AMA session regarding speech/ cognitive services. My name is Jason Evans and I am co-founder to a digital health company. We rely on cognitive services for some of the apps that we are designing to be made available cross-platform including XR. I am looking forward to the custom neural voice technology offered by Microsoft!

Hi @Eric Starker ,

my name is Alex we are working with the cognitive services and the AI from AZure so i am attending this AMA to understand in deapth the speech service without having right now specific questions.

Thanks a lot

@Godiksen1570 you could certainly find a lot of use with the spelling and suggestions services. They work really well for sentences.

@Eric Starker We have been trialing the speech to text in O365 Word for our interview transcription, but are interested in directly accessing Azure Congnitive Services to get over the file length cap and to be able train it to improve recognition rates.