SOLVED

Pausing speech

Copper Contributor

Hello, my name is Dylan and I'm developing a TTS prototype without creating any .wav file. 

Just like your website demo, I currently have a start/stop button. However, it would be interesting to implement a pause/continue system. Is there any way to do it with the current version of TTS, without having to create a playable file?

Thanks for this session.

3 Replies
Up
best response confirmed by dlopes10 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@dlopes10 

Depending on how long the audio is, you could do a in-memory stream, but you would still need the start/stop button.
Check out the In-memory stream section of the Getting Started guide. (You can switch languages at the top of the page)

Ok, that's a good point. Thanks a lot.
And yes, the idea is to keep the start/stop button. However, I would like to add a new button that starts the speech from the beginning so that the Stop button could be replaced by a STOP/Continue button, instead of a Start/Stop.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by dlopes10 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@dlopes10 

Depending on how long the audio is, you could do a in-memory stream, but you would still need the start/stop button.
Check out the In-memory stream section of the Getting Started guide. (You can switch languages at the top of the page)

View solution in original post