Sharing folders from OneDrive for Business

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Yesterday I saw the possibility in one of my tenants that I could download a folder.
I saw another option. Sharing a folder to people with a link without logging in is now possible.

This is a great new update

Knipsel.PNG

8 Replies
Highlighted

Have you actually tried it?

In my tests, the recipient is asked to login...

Highlighted

Yes, I just tried it. I am getting also a login prompt. But I see all the files from the folder. I can click on cancel and the prompt gets away and as a guest user I can open the files.

Knipsel.PNG

Highlighted

One a related issue, this new sharing dialog is breaking the "Shared with Me" by default, and only works when you select the last option in the dropdown menu.

See https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/OneDrive-for-Business/OneDrive-Sharing-UI-quot-breaking-quot-...

Highlighted
Seeing this option too...as always, it seems to be a preview feature so we can expect some issues there
Highlighted
By the way, no working for me...
Highlighted

it seems to be a preview feature so we can expect some issues there. Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Hi Maurits, it is a setting in Azure where you can set the shareing options and one of these is a setting.
Highlighted

Hi Paul,

I have no problems. I mentioned in my first post that it was possible to share folders with quest users out of your OneDrive and that wasn't possible until Yesterday for me.