Recent change to App Launcher

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi,

just noticed a recent change to the App Launcher with addition of blue dots before the icon for each app!! Looks weird to me, possibly a bug.

App Launcher - blue dots!App Launcher - blue dots!

Anyone else seeing this?

regards

Terry

15 Replies
Highlighted
Hi,
I'm not having this issue...could it be this is something related to your tenant?
Highlighted
I don't see how?
Highlighted

Yes, mine are red dots, but I suppose that matches the top bar's color for me in O365.

Highlighted

I have the same thing, it started last week in one of my tenants, but not in another. Looks like another unannounced change (or more likely, another BUG from poorly tested code) from MS

Highlighted

I don't see it either, thank god. Looks awful.

Highlighted
I'm seeing these dots in my tenant. May be the theme change it seems.
Highlighted

So this seems to designate "new" apps... Not sure what the definition of "new" is exactly, as I haven't added any apps for months.

Highlighted

I don't think it designates new, if you click on the All Apps link, you will see a list of all apps. Any new apps are under the heading New then you may have the heading Admin selected apps then Office 365 Apps, then Other. When I look, all of them have this dot prefix, apart from some apps beneath Other which are either our own LOB apps or third party apps, some have the dot some don't. 

Highlighted

We have the dots on some apps in our tenant but not all.  It almost seems that they're delineating Microsoft vs. 3rd-party.

Highlighted
Would it not mean that the app has been updated - much like on the iPhone?
Highlighted
That list is kept per user though, so you can expect different types of applications to be marked as "new". For example for one of my test users Bookings was marked.
Highlighted

@Paul Fisher wrote:
Would it not mean that the app has been updated - much like on the iPhone?

That's why I hypothesized too. If this is what Microsoft is trying to show that is completely stupid. These apps are updated all the time - the dot will be there constantly.

The dot is uuuugly.

Highlighted

I agree, it's ugly and stupid. None of the apps with the dots are new, I don't need a dot for new apps and don't want it. I would rather Microsoft told us about these changes (again) than have to post in this community and have everyone involved trying to second guess what the hell Microsoft are doing (again)!

Highlighted

That may be the case, however, I'm not a new user, I was one of the team that implemented O365 for our company a number of years ago.

None of the Apps designated with the dot are New for me. If every app with the dot was New then there is total inconsistency within the App Launcher itself. Within the list of All apps I have 3 apps that are beneath the New heading, this then bears no correlation to every app displaying with a dot.

Unless of course there are two types of "New" apps that we don't know about ;) Of course the 3 apps beneath the New heading are not New either, just another inconsistency.

Highlighted

And ... the dots are gone! No explanation, just gone, at least that's something!