Outlook.com beta also available for Outlook on the Web

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I guess when Micorsoft says Outlook.com they use that as an umbrella for both public and business versions. 

I like it, though no support for Tenant themes currently.

image.png

12 Replies
Highlighted

I'm seeing this too.

I like this new Microsoft. They acknowledge they suck at communicating changes prior to rollout, then promise to do better, then get worse at it.

Highlighted

Confirmed, I am seeing this in one EU-based First Release tenant so far. Nothing in Message Center for that tenant notifying of the change, and I can't see anything on the Office 365 roadmap about it.

This blog post seems quite clear that the beta UI is for Outlook.com users, not EXO/O365. I've reached out to Microsoft to ask about it.

Highlighted

Now I feel left out - none of my tenants got this, regardless of FR setting. And I certainly did not expect this to light up in O365, I pretty much ignored the blog announcement when I saw outlook.com in the title...

Highlighted

@Dylan Snodgrass posted about it here, thought it still didn't sound like it applied to O365, other than it being tagged with "Outlook on the web"

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Outlook/Introducing-the-Outlook-com-beta/m-p/95068

Highlighted
And with that dirty big search bar in the Top Bar I don't think it will ever support the Tenant theme, other than colours maybe
Highlighted
Seeing this too. Like others totally assumed this was the consumer product. Very poor comms here from Microsoft.
Highlighted

I also reviewed it.
However, it does not mean that Outlook.com applies only to the Public version.

Highlighted
Well, since all is built on top of EXO, I would also expect this to come to Office 365 at some point
Highlighted

@Juan Carlos González Martín wrote:
Well, since all is built on top of EXO, I would also expect this to come to Office 365 at some point

At some point perhaps, with appropriate communications first.

Anyway, the option has now been removed from the EXO tenants where I was seeing it. Appears that this was not intended to be released to O365 tenants, only Outlook.com as the blog post announced.

Highlighted
Indeed. Looks like some tightening up on change control is in order here.
Highlighted
This is still not on our tenants even if all are on First Release but I'm hoping one of these days we can have Beta version as well.
Highlighted
classic Microsoft!