New menu available!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

New menuNew menuGreat to see the menu turn up today. Very clean and professional too.

17 Replies
Highlighted
Good to hear, i look forward to this showing up in my client's tenant.

BTW, do you know why the image shows up as an attachment instead of embedded in the body of your message?
Highlighted
Not sure why no embedding is happening. I assumed, wrongly, that by attaching the file it would show up within the post. Could be lack of knowledge on my part.
Highlighted
By the way, I've switched to FR Selected Users and new features are appearing faster than Full Org. Appreciate not everyone can make these on the fly changes to their tenants.
Highlighted

I am quite sure that it is not you, any errors on the part of user of this system are due to the fact that the UI is attrocious, non-intuitive, buggy, slow and just bad in many different ways.

Highlighted

Maybe they should replicate the Windows Start Menu with some Live Tiles

Highlighted

They are moving in that direction. It is intended to emulate some of the Windows 10 Start menu, no mention of Live Tiles, but that would be a nice addition , see

https://blogs.office.com/2016/09/27/introducing-the-new-office-365-app-launcher/

Highlighted

I like it, though I wish it would respect custom theme settings, my only complaint really.

Highlighted

It's meant to honour custom themes apparently, from the link above:

"The redesigned App Launcher now supports Office 365 themes, including your company’s custom theme. Simply select an Office 365 theme from the Settings menu and see the color scheme reflected throughout the new experience."

Highlighted
I look forward to the day when that's true, but so far no joy.
Highlighted

For me new launcher is full-functional only for EXO related apps (Mail, People,..). For all others (Sharepoint, Delve,...) i have no New and All items in horizontal menu and no way for the customization. Even with added trusted sites as it is recommended in Launcer Help (https://support.office.com/en-US/client/results?Shownav=true&lcid=1033&ns=O365ENTADMIN&version=15&om...)

Highlighted
I am seeing it fully functional across all apps. It may be that during rollout some apps will receive the Launcher earlier than others. This was the case for me yesterday. Give it a few hours.
Highlighted
John, i'm waiting from Sat when updated menu appeared - no changes so far. The only point my access to EXO was switched off at night from Fri to Sat. I'll check with other people on FR how they see this.
Highlighted
I opened office in Vivaldi and Opera - launcher works as expected here. Wrong behavior for Edge and IE.
Highlighted

The FAQ in the launch article states the tabs are only for EXO users ....

https://blogs.office.com/2016/09/27/introducing-the-new-office-365-app-launcher/ 

Highlighted
Steven, I'm EXO user on First Release. The issue is I have one behavior of new launcher in Edge/IE and another one in Opera/Vivaldi.
Highlighted
This just hit my tenant. Full functionality doesn't seem to be available in IE. IE doesn't have New, All, Search, or the context menu for each item in the panel. Also, in all browsers the colored tiles have all been changed to the same color gray. I know it can be themed, but seeing different colors was helpful for quick navigation. Is there an option available to turn that back on?
Highlighted
Working for me in all the browsers: Edge, IE, Chrome and FireFox