Idea: "Keeping up with change" Meetup at Microsoft Ignite '17

Highlighted
MVP

Hello eagle-eyed change observers. I'm planning to organise a meetup at Ignite this year to discuss how we keep up with change in Office 365. I mean a discussion in that we'll be sharing stories, methods that work in our environment, our change network and sources (this group of course being one of them.)

Would you be interested in participating, if you're coming to Ignite? 

It will be a facilitated discussion and we'll break into smaller discussion groups during the meetup. So it can be as interactive as you want it to be. 

I'm keen to try to make it into a Skype for Business meeting too, so people can join remotely. (I'll be putting a request in for a Surface Hub (fingers crossed)).

We may even be able to get @Anna Chu to share a concept picture of the dedicated meetup space on the Expo floor at Ignite. 

If you like the idea and have any other thoughts about how to make the meetup a really valuable session, add to this thread. 

20 Replies
Highlighted
i'd be potentially interested
Highlighted
Highlighted
Highlighted
Thanks for the responses so far. I'll get the title and blurb submitted by end of week.
Are there any key areas you'd like to focus discussion on?
Highlighted

I am in! Looking forward to it.

Highlighted

Looking forward to seeing you again @Deleted! Thanks for your support. 

Highlighted
Great idea! I would love to learn what is and is not working well for others to deal with change in O365
Highlighted

Great idea! i will be there!

Highlighted
Highlighted
Brilliant! I'm submitting it to the Ignite event team. I'll post the link to the session back here when I have it.
Highlighted
Sounds good. I'm interested.
Highlighted

Im coming to Ignite..  I may be interested in the meetup.  One posible topic, With all of the rapid changes in O365 how to you deal with End user acceptance in your company.  

Highlighted
Definitely a good question for discussion. I'll add it to the list. How do end-user's deal with the change? What does IT and internal comms do to emphasize the positives and lessen the negatives?
Highlighted

Go ahead and add your topics and ideas for discussion during this session. I'll use some of them within the session.

Highlighted

I am interested in this session.

Highlighted

1 way to get the best use of time would be to create a mini "unconference".  Saw this work pretty well at a "ThatCamp".  Scheduling process

General process

1. Ask 1 person to be a facilitator, and another to be a scribe. 
  2. Ask everyone to submit their topics via an Excel Online sheet, prior to Ignite shared via an anonymous link.
  3. Organize, and group the ideas.
  4. Vote on which ideas have the most weight.  I think each person gets to vote on the top 3 (or something like that)
  5. Pick the top X topics
  6. Ask for volunteers to present and facilitate each topic.
  7. Split out into the subgroups.

Additional thoughts

1. If you have a few hours, you can schedule the sessions, to allow people to attend more than 1.
  2. I like this because you get people to decide up front what they want to hear about.
  3. People are usually more comfortable speaking in small groups.
  4. Since the session is "off-the-cuff", you eliminate the preparation barrier trying to get people to speak about their experiences.
Highlighted

The session is live now in the MSIgnite schedule. 

https://myignite.microsoft.com/sessions/55963

Here's the related page in the Tech Community, where the content will eventually be shared. 

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Ignite-Content-2017/Keeping-up-with-change-in-Offic....

Please add your questions and comments to that post, to help shape the session. It's a collaborative effort and I greatly appreciate your input. 

I have some big ideas for the session and hope to co-author some resources in-session with those who attend, which I will share in this Change Alerts space. 

Highlighted

Yes, this is a great idea.

Would you please add my name: i.parry@greenwich.ac.uk

Ioana Parry

Senior Systems Admin & Change Management

Highlighted
Hi Ioana. Thanks for your interest and support. I have made the notebook read-only after running my session. This was to prevent any random people from defacing the notebook.
But since you are interested, I can invite you in by your address above. Feel free to delete your comment to protect your email address.