FYI: Business Central = fastest growing BizApps solution, largest community of 3rd party of solutions on Appsource (larger than Office!!), happiest community of Microsoft customers = Everyone needs Business Central!
Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event | Home - Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event, available to view on-demand, is a great way to get up to speed on the release wave and learn how organizations are already using these capabilities to transform end-to-end business processes today.
Today we launched 2023 release wave 1 for Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform, a rollout of new features and enhanced capabilities slated for release between April and September 2023.
The updates include:
Copilot for Dynamics 365 and Copilot for Power Platform, bringing the power of next-generation AI capabilities and natural language processing to business processes.
Some of the major themes we’re excited to highlight include:
- Enhancing end-to-end customer experiences with AI and Dynamics 365 Copilot
- Modernizing every link across Supply Chain & Operations
- New ways to accelerate development with the Power Platform Enhancing end-to-end customer experiences with AI
- Dynamics 365 Marketing delivers Copilot capabilities to help marketers learn more about their customers, create targeted customer segments, and generate personalized content. We’ve enhanced the query assist feature with generative AI capabilities, enabling marketers to accurately target customers using conversational, everyday language to quickly build targeted segments. Content ideas helps to find inspiration and provide a starting point for copy when composing emails for audiences.
- Dynamics 365 Sales delivers enhancements to streamline seller tasks and improve effectiveness. Rather than manually tracking next steps, Dynamics 365 Sales helps sellers to automate the creation of follow-up tasks. This saves valuable time to focus on higher-priority items and avoid tasks from falling through the cracks. Copilot in Dynamics 365 Sales creates email content for faster customer replies and AI-generated meeting follow-ups that compile discussed topics
- Release wave 1 updates for Dynamics 365 Customer Service include enhanced case creation, channel-based swarming with Microsoft Teams, and robust real-time analytics with customization, in addition to availability of the voice channel in more regions.
- Updates to Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management deliver increased agility and resilience across the supply chain. By applying appropriate valuation methods and selected currencies, you can now account inventories—inventory and WIP—in multiple representations to help comply with local GAAP, Internal Management accounting, and IFRS principles. Enhancements for Dynamics 365 Finance include further automation of complex tax scenarios and full end-to-end automation of accounts payable and ledger settlements, helping finance professionals to expedite the close, and spend more time focusing on value-added activities. See the release plans for Dynamics 365 Finance, Project Operations and Human Resources.
- With Power Apps we continue to support the scaling of organizations by empowering makers and developers of all skill levels to be more productive and to build apps, manage data, and logic. We are helping organizations reduce risk with advanced governance capabilities, such as automated tests for custom pages and model-driven apps, enabling customers to further benefit from modernization of web and mobile experiences. See the release plans for Power Apps.
- Power Pages supports low-code and no-code makers, as well as professional developers, with more out-of-the-box capabilities like new solution-based application life cycle management and migration of website configurations from one environment to another. With virtual tables and cloud flow integration, Power Pages can now connect seamlessly to your external data and service and enable both low code makers and pro developers to build amazing user experiences.
- Power Automate is reimagining the process of creating flows with natural language authoring capabilities that allow you to simply describe the flow you want to create. It has never been easier for new users to start creating and authoring flows. Other improvements include introducing work queues where automatable tasks can be viewed and managed together as well as providing streamlined connectivity to a machine for desktop flows, which eliminates the need for additional installs and password management. Lastly, we’re making it easier for organizations to contextualize the impact of their technical investments with ROI performance tracking capabilities in Power Automate desktop flows which helps organizations invest in the most valuable automation efforts. Explore what’s new for Power Automate.
- Power Virtual Agents is Microsoft’s single conversational AI studio and unified authoring canvas for all bot-building needs. We’re making it easier for developers and makers to build bots with Copilot in Power Virtual Agents, greatly accelerating bot development via natural language authoring. Developers can then extend their bots to handle more complex workloads with Microsoft Bot Framework and Microsoft Azure Cognitive Services capabilities in Power Virtual Agents. Explore what’s new for Power Virtual Agents.
- Power BI infuses AI-driven insights into everywhere that people get work done. For Microsoft Teams, we’re bringing enhancements to meetings and multitasking to help users work with their data wherever they may be. And, for individuals, we’re enhancing the creation experience, bringing more parity on the web, and adding the Power Query diagram view into Power BI. Explore the release plans for Power BI. Watch the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event.
Watch the launch event on-demand for more details and demos of new capabilities across Dynamics 365 and Power Platform.
Explore the detailed release plans for Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform and keep track of what’s new and upcoming, as well as create a personalized release plan, in the Release Planner.
2023 release wave 1 for Dynamics 365 and Power Platform - Microsoft Dynamics 365 Blog